Overdue Tokay-ness (Big Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdue Tokay-ness (Big Pic Heavy)

I've been MIA from forums for a while for various reasons, but I haven't dropped out of everything. At least I can make up for it with lots of eye candy! It's still been a bit chilly for taking the kids outside for sunlight photos, but I've gotten better indoor lighting.

A few of last year's kids, some het for Powder Blue and some Blue Granite. Pretty much everyone was partly fired so in between color phases. (pics from 4/12/13)

Riptide is mostly normal looking, but too stunning for me to pass up! (first from 1/3/13)

Parhelion is my new interesting male that is double het for Powder Blue and Granite, unrelated to any of my current kids. His spots are a lime green that seem to glow sometimes ( pics from 12/18/12 and 2/3/13 for color variances)

Black Frost is still my favorite male though and he has filled out nicely (pics from 2/5/13)

Cell pic of Frost fully fired and Parhelion as fired down as I'd ever seen him during my move in March

I have 3 new ladies for my Granite project
    Aurora (pics from 9/6/12 and 4/12/13)

Whirlwind (pics from 9/6/12 and 4/12/13)

Tidal Wave (pics from 4/12/13)

And my newest project as of last week that I am so thrilled to have gotten! Siamese Green Eyed Geckos, one of the species called Green Eyed Tokays!

19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Amazing pics but why ... why would you post them all when I have to go to a reptile show to pick up feeders for our corn snakes haha
    Gargoyle Gecko 3.1.2, Pygmy Mice (lots)
    Darren http://www.iherp.com/pennhillszoo

Comment

I'm not usually a big fan of tokays, But Riptide is STUNNING.
      2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Comment

Beautiful Tokays! I especially love Black Frost. And I have never heard of the Green Eyed Tokays, but they're amazing! Congrats on your new project!
        ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

Gorgeous tokays! Love the new green eyed geckos as well - they're cute little buggers
          The Harlequin Hoard Facebook Page
          My BOI Thread
          My iHerp

Comment

Holy hell, send me Riptide right now.

RIGHT. NOW.
            3.8.0 C. ciliatus , 1.1 G. vittatus , 0.1 G. gekko , 2.0 F. pardalis ambilobe, 1.0 C. calyptratus, 0.1 P. grandis, 1.0 P. curtus

Comment

Heh heh, no way! Riptide has had a perfect temper since day 1 and I was at my friend's shop when he arrived from Cal Zoo so I got way lucky with him! You can buy of his babies though whenever he gets a lady, but I might be giving him one of my morph girls so his kids might be little more than usual.
              19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
              7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
              1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider

Comment

"It's still been a bit chilly for taking the kids outside for sunlight photos, but I've gotten better indoor lighting."

Very pretty Tokays , they will stay calm even outside and exposed to sun, though briefly?

Comment

Originally posted by Sal View Post
                  "It's still been a bit chilly for taking the kids outside for sunlight photos, but I've gotten better indoor lighting."

Very pretty Tokays , they will stay calm even outside and exposed to sun, though briefly?
                  Mine do because all but 2 are hand tame on various levels. That's why none are restrained for any of the photos, even when I shift them to take belly shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kita View Post
                    Mine do because all but 2 are hand tame on various levels. That's why none are restrained for any of the photos, even when I shift them to take belly shots.
                    Thanks, I don't know much about them other than can be big biters and know they hate light, there are 2 in the area and I have only seen them at night and rarely see them till the Cuban treefrogs begin to arrive to breed in my cichlid pond.

Comment

I am in love with Black Frost. He is beyond stunning and captivates attention.
                      ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
                      1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
                      1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

WOWOWOWOWOW KITA WOW.
                        Love them tokes. All are amazing. I havent seen you around too too much and when I do, your in the toke section, I now see why!

any Shipping to Canada??
                        R. Cilatus: 5.5.4.20
                        G. Gekko: 0.2
                        G. Ulikovskii 0.1
                        P. Turnerii 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Everlastingly Acquiring View Post
                          WOWOWOWOWOW KITA WOW.
                          Love them tokes. All are amazing. I havent seen you around too too much and when I do, your in the toke section, I now see why!

any Shipping to Canada??
                          Thanks! I used to frequent forums a lot, especially this one, but I've since dropped out of breeding Cresteds and don't know when I'll get a female for my male Leachie so I just post here since this was the first forum I was sharing my Tokays on.
                          I can, but you'll be paying over $350 just in shipping. Non CITES Import/Export USA to Canada

Comment

Ouch, just looked into that and i was not aware. maybe one day!
                            R. Cilatus: 5.5.4.20
                            G. Gekko: 0.2
                            G. Ulikovskii 0.1
                            P. Turnerii 1.0

Comment

Working...
                            X