Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little worried about my leopard geckos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little worried about my leopard geckos.

My leopard geckos are verry small. I don't know what to do. People say that Leo's grow verry fast especially males. I've gotten Forest (the normal) from Petsmart and he is 2 years old he will be 3 in Novemberish. I got Eclipse (the bell albino) from Petco and he is 1 year old and will be 2 in Septemberish. The last one I got two days ago from the local pet stor Animal Arc. Sunfire (the super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy) I don't know how old she is but she is the normal size of a leopard gecko. I have her on here for comparison. What can I do to get them growing? Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1085085 Click image for larger version

Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1085086 Click image for larger version

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1085087 Click image for larger version

Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1085088

Sorry about the female she got pregnant before I got her and won't stay still

They look nice and healthy. Nice fat tails. I would say you're doing just fine. Not all geckos grow at the same rate.

Comment

yeah I agree with the comment above, they look really healthy and not all geckos are fast growers, my leo (Hermes) is a little fatty but I have seen other geckos of the same age as her (2 and a half years) that are smaller but are given practically the same care.

I think it all depends on the gecko.
      0.1.0 Leopard Gecko[Hermes]
      1.0.0 Dog [Bert]

Comment

I agree with this, I have seen a great variety of different sizes and growth rates in leopard geckos. Very pretty geckos nonetheless.
        2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Comment

Agree with the above. Body condition-wise, they all look healthy. Leos will grow at different rates depending on their genetics, how they're housed, how much/often they're fed and what they're fed, etc.

A good indicator of a leo's health/growth is to weigh them semi-regularly. As long as they're eating well, are in good physical condition, are active and alert, and are gaining weight (regardless of rate), they should be just fine.
          ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

Working...
          X