My new Pickups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Pickups!

I added 2 more to my family today first up we have Topaz she is a long term wc Tokay from pioneer reptiles. She came in as a fresh import around 7 months ago and she looked horrible the other two tokays that were sent with her didn't make it but she is a survivor I may post pics of her freshly caught. They are sad to look at but this is her today. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0315.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1083734Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0316.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1083735 She is worm free and super healthy I plan to pair her up with sapphire this breeding season! Hopefully she will put on a little weight between now and then But then again tokays do vary in size a lot so she just may be as big as she will get but they said that since she has been in her own enclosure after her quarantine she just keeps getting bigger and bigger from what I gather she is at least 1 year old. She definitely has some spunk in her I was very please to add her to my collection and hope to have many more tokays in my future.

Second up We have Izula She was listed as a fire. Our local pet store had her...I am pretty sure she is a girl no bulge that I can tell I still have yet to check for pores. She definitely has dal spots and a really creamy tail I would love some input of what she is exactly. My fiancee had to have her and I got the manager to knock off 40 bucks too since they hadn't been feeding crested gecko diet. They have a warehouse and aren't in control of what they get. Normally they just don't get cresteds so they don't keep cgd on hand. she/he looks pretty healthy and is the jumpinist thing this is her enclosure Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0320.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1083736 she seems to have settled in really well ill post pictures of her tomorrow in her enclosure she just wasn't having it tonight. As for her, here she is! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0325.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1083737Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0330.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1083738Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0331.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1083739Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0332.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1083740 thank you for looking I look forward to hearing from you all!
    0.1 Flying Gecko
    2.2 Tokay Gecko
    1.1 Bearded Dragon
    2.0.1Crested Gecko
    1.0 Ball Python

Show us the rest of your collection too! We love pictures Your tokay glove makes me giggle, as I know it is so useful!

Comment

Tokays are certainly pretty, but they sound like the reptile version of that Travelocity ad... "Naughty bitey lizard"
      1.1.1 Crested Geckos (Luke, Layla, Junior)
      2.1 Children
      0.1 Extremely Patient Wife

Just remember - wherever you go, there you are...

Comment

lmao that is so funny! well she has never been handled before so I tend to always do safety I did a glove with my male for about 2 weeks and then introduced him to my hands he wasn't super happy about it but he got around to liking being on my hands. I had a horrible night last night the worst thing possible happened I went to put topaz into her permanent enclosure (I made it all pretty for her) I was easy with her because it worked well with my male and right as I went to grab her she jumped 2 times faster then I could react...she hit the floor and scurried behind some furniture....I looked for her and looked and cannot find her I am keeping her enclosure open and heated with food readaly avalible I have heard that this sometimes attracts them. I will keep looking I have the closet to go she couldn't have went far the door was blocked off so I know she didn't slip under it wish me luck please I just spent 65 bucks on her i really would hate to find her dead somewhere in a week because it is cold here. my room stays at a steady 75 but still. Also does anyone have an input on Izula I also will post more pictures of her sometime after I look through the closet of her in her enclosure and her fired up I just want to make sure I have her morph as correct as possible I know without lineage information I will never truly know but hey I always love your guys opinion!
        0.1 Flying Gecko
        2.2 Tokay Gecko
        1.1 Bearded Dragon
        2.0.1Crested Gecko
        1.0 Ball Python

Comment

I always wanted a Tokay but it's things like that glove that has deterred me. I think they are beautiful geckos though. Thank you for the photos.
          Sharlene
          http://www.epicgeckos.com
          Facebook link http://www.facebook.com/EpicGeckos

Comment

Don't let that scare you they are beautiful and are totally worth the time. They seem scary at first but after you work with them for a little while imho they are easier to handle than leopard geckos. My boy sapphire is the best lizard I have owned. There is a lot of trust involved in it. your welcome for the pictures i will have to post more soon!
            Originally posted by kadaysa View Post
            I always wanted a Tokay but it's things like that glove that has deterred me. I think they are beautiful geckos though. Thank you for the photos.
            0.1 Flying Gecko
            2.2 Tokay Gecko
            1.1 Bearded Dragon
            2.0.1Crested Gecko
            1.0 Ball Python

Comment

You must have had her shipped because that's very expensive for a wild caught. 7 months in captivity is barely enough time to get a fresh animal back to full health and being that recently imported it would be best to not try and breed her this year unless you limit her to about 3 clutches total otherwise you will likely overload her body and she'll have liver failure that will look like egg binding. It's extremely common with new imports and we get people trying to get help on another forum frequently because they realize this.
              19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
              7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
              1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
              www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

I did have her shipped and I am aware that she isn't completely back up to full health but from what I can tell she is doing really well. In case anyone was wondering, I did find her. I didn't know that being that recently imported would effect how she would breed. I will definitely keep that in mind. I wouldn't want to do anything that would put her in danger.
                0.1 Flying Gecko
                2.2 Tokay Gecko
                1.1 Bearded Dragon
                2.0.1Crested Gecko
                1.0 Ball Python

Comment

So does anyone have a slight guess of what morph my crested gecko might be I know right now altitude exotics have a almost identical male up for sale. I am just curious the more I look at her the more I think she may have breeding potential in the future!
                  0.1 Flying Gecko
                  2.2 Tokay Gecko
                  1.1 Bearded Dragon
                  2.0.1Crested Gecko
                  1.0 Ball Python

Comment

Dalmatian, possibly also tiger, but you'll get more answers in the Crested Gecko Morph section
                    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

OK, where did you find your tokay (after she escaped)?
                      3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
                      X