Tank size for giant day gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank size for giant day gecko

I have an spare Exo terra 18x18x24 will that be big enough for a giant day gecko? There is one at my local pet store that is beautiful.

I have my young female in a 24x24x24 and, judging by the fact i was told she'd need something bigger before she's fully grown, i'd suggest not.
    2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Comment

18x18x24 is perfectly fine for 1-2 adults. They are a species that benefits from as much space as you can give them, but your tank works fine. My pair are in that same size and they are thriving and laying consistently. No signs of aggression either.
      Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
      ROC Geckos
      Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Thanks, Terradas! You have no idea how hard it's been to get that question answered. I looked on the interent everywhere. Lots of discrepancy in the care sheets there.

Comment

You're welcome, happy to help. Load it with bamboo and some live or silk broad-leafed plants and/or snake plants and you are good to go. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
          Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
          ROC Geckos
          Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Working...
          X