the joys of medicating your wild caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the joys of medicating your wild caught

these are a pair of wc tokays i picked up over the weekend just for fun, the male bit down on the syrange and wouldnt let go

and the happy couple after

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7...fbba61fvt1.gif
    www.world-reptiles.com

Nice looking pair.

Comment

You picked his favorite flavor, that's why
      They look really good for WC tokay. Most of the wild ones I've seen look more dead than alive.
      If you can read this, thank a teacher.

Comment

Haha, I've got turtles... it is even harder to get those mouths open!

Comment

I have seen a couple of friends of mine that make tools to get mouths open they sell them at the shows they go to. It is a metal arrow that is thin and you slide it in their mouths then slowly turn it to open their mouths. It is pretty neat and handy to have around when you can't get them to open their mouths
          ~Christa~
          Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

They are beautiful, and you are brave for holding two at once !! Best wishes.
            ~ Cheers,Mandy

www.crestedjunkie.com

Comment

The more I see of these guys, the more I want some. Care to point me to a good care sheet?
              ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Adam!!!You have feminine hands man!!!!LMAO!!!
                They look great man!!Really!!
                Waldo!!! You still have my # lady??
                Great pic ups man.Just wait for the 5 am calls..LMAO!! It will wake you dead out of your sleep!!!!

Comment

Nope, I don't have your #, cleared out my cell memory.
                  How bad do these guys really bit? can they require stitches? The local store has some wild caught for $10 but they are being kept in horrible conditions.

I really like the lighter colored one, very cool
                  ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

They will take a chunk!!!But dont beleive the generic hype!
                    They will give you a nastyyyy bite but nothing requiring stitches.

Comment

They are pretty, but MEAN. We used to live in Indonesia when I was younger and they had wild tokays running around. They used to terrorize kids and I was always afraid of one being under my bed and my hand falling over the edge and them biting me. One did run up my brothers pant leg and bite him and I can remember other people getting bit, but I stayed as far away from them as I could. They have creepy eyes too.
                      Jill

Comment

Not to break the chain here. I have really gentile Leopard Geckos, I really do!!!! What do you do for one that really bites, It has never bit before, I have held him, hand fed him. I really think I know what I did, I went into the room, turned the light on (too fast), went right to his cage and he got me. Yes, it did hurt, Ghost would not let go, he just held on. Then he got evil. He grabbed my finger on the side and held on for dear life. I think he let go when I said Here kitty, kitty or something like that. My question is What steps do you take for a reptile bite.....?
                        Gecko Mommy
                        7.7.24.4 Eggs Crested Geckos
                        1.1 Dogs
                        2.2 Cats
                        1 Husband
                        1.2 Great Offspring

"A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers" John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                        X