Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

female G. marginata weird poop color !help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• female G. marginata weird poop color !help!

A couple of days ago I put my pair together and everything was going fine until I found a yellow sort of colored poop, I decided to split them up so I could find out who it was coming from. It is indeed from My female and she seems to be pooping about once or twice a day for about 3 days now and is an off white yellow color every time. It wasn't like this before and nothing has changed food wise, she doesn't seem to be acting any different either. Does anyone know what this may be from and what I can do about it?

Thank you

?????

Comment

I love marginata, but since I don't have one I really can't say.....if no one responds, you might want to PM Sallie or Ashley, I know both of them have some.
      Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
      www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
      www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I love marginata, but since I don't have one I really can't say.....if no one responds, you might want to PM Sallie or Ashley, I know both of them have some.
        thank you

Comment

I have a male and can say I have never seen yellow poop. The best thing I could say would be to take a fresh stool sample to the vet. Hopefully others can help you more. I hope she is alright.
          1.1.0 Crested Gecko
          0.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Comment

I would get a sample (in a baggie with the time/date you found the poop) to a vet to rule out a parasite load. Is your female eating? Have you kept them separate? Give her time to rest alone, adn if you don't have a good herp vet, try www.herpvetconnection.com or www.arav.com to find one. Can you get pics of her "yellow" poop?
            Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Are you sure your not confusing poop with urates?
              Urates are a solid form of urine in reptiles. Usually healthy urates are white. When an animal emits a yellow urate, it usually means they are dehydrated.

Pictures would definitely help. If it is in fact a yellow urate, this could be from the stress of meeting her new mate or the sudden change in environment. Make sure your spraying more than you usually might.
              Cloud9reptiles.com
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ento890 View Post
                Are you sure your not confusing poop with urates?
                Urates are a solid form of urine in reptiles. Usually healthy urates are white. When an animal emits a yellow urate, it usually means they are dehydrated.

Pictures would definitely help. If it is in fact a yellow urate, this could be from the stress of meeting her new mate or the sudden change in environment. Make sure your spraying more than you usually might.
                if it is a urate then its a weird mushy one, i will post a pic as soon as i can get one i tossed out the others because i thoight it was a stress thing but when i found morr this morning i figured id post something. if its still going to happen i will have a pic up tomorrow. She is eating and is not with the male

Comment

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back to everyone, just want to let you guys know she is doing great and it was all from stress. Thank you for your help. Hopefully I can get some good pics later to post for everyone

Comment

Glad to here it wasn't anything more serious!
                    1.1.0 Crested Gecko
                    0.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Comment

Working...
                    X