Eye problems and sexing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye problems and sexing question

I'm trying to get some more people's input on my newly acquired leopard geckos eye issue. While it is in its tub the right eye is always closed. The only time it opens is when I've been soaking it to remove some shed. So far Yoshi'smom has been very helpful in giving me some ideas on what it could be and what I can do to improve it on my first thread showing it off. I thought I'd post some pictures in a new thread to see if others see something we don't. I've looked at both eyes to compare with my 30x jewelers loupe, both eyes seem to be clear and the right eye of concern doesn't seem to have anything in it (like a piece of shed). I also took a quick picture to see if anyone could sex it, I didn't see any pores, but I'm not very familiar with sexing leos until they are adults.

Let me know what you see, thanks.

Eye of concern

Eye that's always open

Both eyes

Eye of concern

Eye that's always open

Sex?
    Formerly known as eel588, new name same great taste!

Looks female to me.
    4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
    3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.1.0 Gekko gecko
    2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Very cute.
        Looks female to me.
        Cloud9reptiles.com
        Facebook

Comment

Good news!

Last night I decided I was tired of waiting for her to find the insects in her glass candle holder. I put a mealie in front of her face and she went for it instantly. She ate four of them last night. I offered some this morning and she ate all 8 gut loaded mealworms and 4 dubia roaches. To say the least, I'm ecstatic. Also, the regular flushes of pure saline in her eyes has helped tremendously. She now has her eyes opened more regularly. She still needs more treatments before she is completely healthy, but I'm confident that within a few weeks we will have a chubby heathly leo on our hands. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X