Help with an MBD Cham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an MBD Cham

So. We decided to adopt a veiled Cham with MBD from a petco (note: did not buy. He was relinquished by a former owner and then put up for adoption.) He's got the bowed, "soft angle" looking legs as well as has problems placing his feet exactly where he wants them to go. Otherwise, the little dude is well fed, has good color, and more active then I thought he would be.
    Husbandry:He's housed temporarily in a lower-profile Exo (can't remember the exact dimensions) until we get a nice all screen cage ordered for him. lots of vines and foliage to hide in/climb on. He's got a shallow dish of calcium powder in the cage, a full spectrum light and a compact UVB light. Misted twice a day, will be feeding dusted crickets every other day.

I'll be taking him along to work at the vet clinic with me on thursday to hopefully snap some x-rays and see what I can do about getting him a shot of calcium.

I was wondering if anyone had any good tips or recommendations of what to change for this guy. Also, if there are any experienced cham owners going to NARBC Tinley that would like to take him on please let me know. We know we can be a good home for him, but we also know there's plenty of you out there that would be a bettter home for him. Just want to give him the best chance we can!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

i was going to get a MBD cham and i was reading up on them and people told me you cant just feed them dusted crickets you have to change there food supply. hope you can help the little guy and keep him or get him a good home

John
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.0.1 Crested gecko
    0.1.0 Leopard gecko
    0.0.3 Red belly Piranhas
    6.1.0 Betta fish
    0.0.1 Red Eye Crocodile Skink

Comment

Took the little dude to my clinic and snapped some pictures. thought you'd all be interested in taking a look....

As you can see, almost no bone density. Got him 50mg Calcium Gluconate orally twice a day. Planning on rechecking x-rays in a month or so to see how his progress is going. Hopefully I'll be able to get him back on track with that combined with some UV lovin'!
      I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Comment

that is crazy poor little cham, is it working at all how is he doing?
        11.8.16.3 crested geckos

www.iherp.com/limegreenartist
        www.crestieicandy.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
        X