Our leo hatchling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our leo hatchling

So, I thought both eggs had gone bad...found this little miracle in the incubator late yesterday:

Egg started denting, getting squishy and looking strange two weeks ago. Couldn't candle it because of discoloration of the egg. I was absolutely positive it was dead and even posted in my rant that both eggs had died. Almost tossed it Monday night but just couldn't. Even had the egg in my hand and couldn't do it; kept hearing "incubate til there's no debate" (thank you Mardy from the leo forum!) in my head and returned it to the incubator.

It is from a Giant Stripe Tremper Albino x a Bold Tangerine Tornado (Tangerine Tornado X Bandit) het for Tremper. I have no idea what it will turn out to be but it is the cutest little thing ever! We have had lots of crested hatchlings, but never have had leos. I know they change a lot so it will be an exciting progression.

Sire and dam:

This is my son's female who died shortly after laying the two eggs. So this baby is a very, very special baby.

Thank you for looking :0)

Lora

Awww! What a cute little chubster! Just look at that big ole belly! Beautiful baby and mom and dad!
    Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
    Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
    http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
    http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
    http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Cute baby! What a round little tummy it has. Adorable!
      Currently keeping Correlophus ciliatus, Pantherophis guttatus, Trachemys scripta elegans, and Hemitheconyx caudicinctus.
      I have also kept Phelsuma klemmeri, Eublepharis macularius, Rhacodactylus auriculatus, and Lampropeltis getula californiae.

Comment

What a cute little baby.Good thing you didnt throw that away. It will be cool to see how it turns out.
        2.1.0 Ball python
        1.1.0 Leopard gecko
        0.0.1 Wood turtle

Comment

Yeah! adorable hatchling!! trevor must be doing a happy dance
          Roxanne
          and the zoo
          www.geckoluv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
            Awww! What a cute little chubster! Just look at that big ole belly! Beautiful baby and mom and dad!
            Thanks! I didn't even notice the belly, lol, was too busy trying not to faint!

Originally posted by Sidhe View Post
            Cute baby! What a round little tummy it has. Adorable!
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Herper55 View Post
            What a cute little baby.Good thing you didnt throw that away. It will be cool to see how it turns out.
            Thank you. I know they change a lot so can't wait to watch the progression!

Originally posted by rhatfield View Post
            Yeah! adorable hatchling!! trevor must be doing a happy dance
            Yes he is! It is so nice for him to have a part of her back

Comment

Looks like things are starting to turn around for you guys I hope this is the start to many more good things to come. I bet your son is ecstatic! A piece of his beloved gecko is still here to remember her by...I get chills just typing this
              I'm so happy for you and your son
              My iHerp Page

http://www.facebook.com/TaraLeighsCresties

Comment

Originally posted by tlbowling View Post
                Looks like things are starting to turn around for you guys I hope this is the start to many more good things to come. I bet your son is ecstatic! A piece of his beloved gecko is still here to remember her by...I get chills just typing this
                I'm so happy for you and your son
                Thanks Tara! It is a total miracle that this egg hatched, you should have seen it

Trevor is so happy but is being cautious as this is our first leo hatchling (and he has to trust most of it's care to me, ha!) so he is trying not to get too excited about it just yet.

He will not let me name it "Bikini" (if you look at it with the head up you'll see it) but is thinking of names that will remember Tango. The bikini will go away, but that will be it's name in my head for a while

Comment

baby leos are stinkin cute, look at its round little belly! And I love it when they scream at you like "gah get away you big pink scarey thing!"
                  lets just say I have a lot of stuff
                  www.sublimereptiles.com
                  Facebook
                  BOI

Comment

Congrats, on the little one!
                    ~Amber~
                    "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
                    Anyanka's Geckos
                    RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Comment

Working...
                    X