Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ihkura
    replied
    Goodness, that's 3 awesome gecko people I know that have gone to Australia in 6 months, ahaha. I am just eating up the photos, and I look forward to seeing more! Thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• rwintjen
    replied
    WOW! That blue mouth is stunning! What a gorgeous guy! Great photos. : )
    I am so looking forward to seeing more!

Leave a comment:

• Metal_Gecko
    replied
    That Strophurus williamsi might just be the coolest looking gecko I've ever seen!!!

Leave a comment:

• Larn'sLizards
    replied
    Oh that first gecko! How gorgeous! Amazing photography

Leave a comment:

• GeckosAfterNightfall
    replied
    sounds like it was a really fun trip. Australia has been my dream trip since i was a kid. sure there's poisonous things down there but seeing those lizards and whatnot first hand and up close would be just so cool.

Leave a comment:

• insaneglitchx
    replied
    That second picture is gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• L.A.C Herps
    replied
    I'm hoping to go through a majority of the photos within the next month, so I'll post some updates with pics as I'm able.
    Thanks again for the comments

Leave a comment:

• Yoshi'smom
    replied
    I too am really anxious to see more pictures! Australia has some really great native herps!
    Thanks for a little teaser!

Leave a comment:

• Terradas
    replied
    Awesome teaser! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the great pics!

Did you have as much fun with customs as Dunlop?

Leave a comment:

• L.A.C Herps
    replied
    Originally posted by WillC View Post
    Nice pics.... so whats with those Aussies leaving license plates laying around everywhere? lol
    Well, we drove probably 5,000 miles and hiked around 120 miles or so in 3 weeks. We covered quite a lot of ground. I'd think if you did a similar amount in the states you'd find at least that many. Not sure if they were ripped off of cars in accidents or just fall off or what.

Originally posted by sarasin View Post
    Wow great pics I love the one of the boiga
    We were happy to find the two live ones after finding one DOR a couple of weeks prior. Definitely cool snakes. The one pictured here is about 5.5 ft. long.
    Originally posted by tlbowling View Post

Awesome pictures as usual Andrew! Love the blue mouth and those awesome eyes on that Strophurus williamsi!
    Thanks
    I was happy to find it for sure. We also found two strophurus ciliaris that I really enjoyed photographing as well. Hopefully I'll get to all of the pics one of these days....

Leave a comment:

• TaraLeighsCresties
    replied
    Originally posted by loui1203 View Post
    Wow, very cool!
    What camera did you use?
    Originally posted by L.A.C Herps View Post
    Both pics were taken with a Canon 7d, 60mm macro, and Canon twin flash.

Awesome pictures as usual Andrew! Love the blue mouth and those awesome eyes on that Strophurus williamsi!

Leave a comment:

• sarasin
    replied
    Wow great pics I love the one of the boiga

Leave a comment:

• WillC
    replied
    Nice pics.... so whats with those Aussies leaving license plates laying around everywhere? lol

Leave a comment:

• loui1203
    replied
    Wow, very cool!
    What camera did you use?

Leave a comment:

• L.A.C Herps
    replied
    The funny/ironic thing is how we found the S. williamsi.... I'm a mechanic, and my coworker collects license plates....
    I'd found an Australian plate for him a few days before, and we were road cruising one night after herping all day and evening with Emmanuel Van Heygen, and Willi Henkel.
    As we were driving through the chilly fog early one morning I spotted what looked like a potential license plate zip tied about 5 feet off the ground in a tree about 20 feet off of the side of the highway. I said something to Sarah about how it would be ironic if I found a sweet herp on my way to the license plate in the tree. Sure as shit, there was this badass S. williamsi chilling literally 4 inches from the license plate on the tree.
    A few days later Sarah spotted a license plate in the dirt in the ditch.... as I bent down to grab it and dust it off she said " Hey, look around.... maybe it's a sign and we're supposed to find something else" Less than 10 feet away I caught the eye shine of a cool frog species we hadn't found yet under a clump of dirt.... Now I just wonder what may have been laying near the first license plate we found and didn't look around?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X