Must be tokay week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be tokay week...

I acquired a new tokay, a future mate for my CB girl Simi, whom I've had since she was a day old. This boy's probably WC, underweight, but he has a sweet temperment and I look forward to working with him(though Panacur'ing him will be an adventure).

Meet Acheron(Ash for short)!

I love the stripes under his eyes:

And his bald(mostly spotless) snoot:

100% waxy-belly male:

And here's Simi, his future mate:

Thanks for looking!
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

B'awwww. I love the Simi. Acheron is a sweetheart, I can attest, I was there when Rami picked him up! It would be so awesome if these made some high red Toklings in the future!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Nice tokay! I almost picked up a tame one last night....... Thinking I may go back and get it lol
      Thank You! -
      I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
      http://www.geckodome.com

Comment

He's adorable! Really nice vivid coloring.
        Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
        www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
        www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

He is a good looking boy. I do want you to know though that breeding Tokays, females especially though the males can depend, don't like leaving their tanks once they start producing eggs because they are so protective of them. That's why I don't handle Storm anymore, she became so visibly agitated and kept jumping for her tank to rush back to her eggs. She doesn't care if I come in to date new ones or mist, but she doesn't at all like to leave them. Fujita and the morph girls have been the same way. That's why I'm not breeding Storm's daughter, Tempest, until after Storm passes. She is now my companion Tokay the way her mother used to be.

I just wanted to tell you so you don't find out from Simi herself when it's too late.
          19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
          7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
          1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
          www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

Originally posted by Kita View Post
            He is a good looking boy. I do want you to know though that breeding Tokays, females especially though the males can depend, don't like leaving their tanks once they start producing eggs because they are so protective of them. That's why I don't handle Storm anymore, she became so visibly agitated and kept jumping for her tank to rush back to her eggs. She doesn't care if I come in to date new ones or mist, but she doesn't at all like to leave them. Fujita and the morph girls have been the same way. That's why I'm not breeding Storm's daughter, Tempest, until after Storm passes. She is now my companion Tokay the way her mother used to be.

I just wanted to tell you so you don't find out from Simi herself when it's too late.
            Thanks for the heads-up, Kita! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and I've definitely seen Simi's mom act over-protectively to her eggs(emergency move one night, she didn't feel they were safe enough and ate them halfway through incubation... sigh....). Really, I only handle Simi these days when I swap out paper towels or find new decor to add to her tank. I respect her, she respects me, and we're pretty relaxed with each other and I don't feel the need to handle her often. I tend to handle and bother the cresties more than anything, so if I lose the handleability, I'll be glad at least to know why, and be happier knowing she feels secure left alone with her brood when the time comes.
            7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Very pretty indeed. I always enjoy learning more. At some point I would like to get a female for my boy. So this is good info.
              I think 5 species of geckos is enough! Lets not talk about the snakes!

Comment

Very good looking Tokays you have there!
                How big(grams) is Simi?
                4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
                3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                1.1.0 Gekko gecko
                2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_Gecko View Post
                  Very good looking Tokays you have there!
                  How big(grams) is Simi?
                  Thank you! Ahaha, both toks were in a particularly good mood tonight, they were perfectly content to be picked up, weighed, and put back(despite Simi being in shed right now). Simi is currently 66.8 grams, so she is a very long ways off being an adult. Acheron, on a full tummy, right now is 60.6 grams.

Comment

dat a-I mean dat tokay.

You. You facebook message me this. You taunt me.

OBJECTION

Comment

Very cool.

My tame female just barely weighs in @ 58 grams, and I just got a boyfriend for here on Sunday.
                      ....he's pretty crazy right now, so I won't be able to weigh him for a bit.
                      4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
                      3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                      1.1.0 Gekko gecko
                      2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Sherrilyn Kenyon! *fist bump* Too cute. I might need a tokay, now :P
                        iHerp~Facebook~Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by imyourscar View Post
                          Sherrilyn Kenyon! *fist bump* Too cute. I might need a tokay, now :P
                          Yeeeeeah man! I think all the babies need dark-hunter names. C: When I thought Simi was male, "he" got named Acheron because of the whole blue-skinned red-streaked god form thing.. and ended up being female. Well who's a little demon? So Ash became Simi and now I have a real Acheron.

Comment

Working...
                          X