Oedura questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oedura questions

Anyone keep Oedura castelnaui? I'm getting a young pair of amels in a trade and I'm looking for a brain to pick. They seem like pretty straightforward semi-arboreals from my research but I'd love to hear some feedback from experienced keepers.

Thanks!
    Uroplatus, Rhacodactylus, Gekko, Ghyra, Phelsuma, Blaesodactylus, Veiled Chams and Blood Pythons

I have one pet-only undersized w/underbite male, but I'm no expert by any means. The person I would absolutely go to first for O. castelnaui is Elizabeth Freer, she's been keeping and breeding them for years, and has a good care sheet for them too.

My little dork:
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihkura View Post
      I have one pet-only undersized w/underbite male, but I'm no expert by any means. The person I would absolutely go to first for O. castelnaui is Elizabeth Freer, she's been keeping and breeding them for years, and has a good care sheet for them too.

My little dork:
      Fantastic looking.

I notice you feed him some type fruit mixture?

What day/night temps do you keep him at?

Thanks

Comment

The person I would absolutely go to first for O. castelnaui is Elizabeth Freer, she's been keeping and breeding them for years, and has a good care sheet for them too.
        THIS ^

I *almost* bought 3 of them from her about this time last year...if it weren't for the rapidly deteriorating shipping window, I would've had them...
        4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
        3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
        1.1.0 Gekko gecko
        2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Originally posted by Sal View Post
          Fantastic looking.

I notice you feed him some type fruit mixture?

What day/night temps do you keep him at?

Thanks
          Oh, that's Crested Gecko Diet, believe it or not. Two owners ago told me he loved it, but with his next owner he only ate insects. Came back to me, and he's eating mostly CGD with occasional insects.

He hides out in a log cave during the daytime over the heat pad so it's about 85*F in there, and when he comes out at night it's about 71*F.
          ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
          7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Oh, that's Crested Gecko Diet, believe it or not. Two owners ago told me he loved it, but with his next owner he only ate insects. Came back to me, and he's eating mostly CGD with occasional insects.

He hides out in a log cave during the daytime over the heat pad so it's about 85*F in there, and when he comes out at night it's about 71*F.
            Thank you very much as this was alot of help.

I am new to geckos and only have lined day geckos , researching my choices and Oedura castelnaui is one of them.

Not much info on Oedura castelnaui and not many keep them . Surprised as find them very neat.

Comment

Working...
            X