Ebenaui egg...way tiny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebenaui egg...way tiny!

I'm not holding my breath that it's fertile, but it would be nice. Here is a photo comparing it to a tic-tac. Can't imagine a baby being that small.

Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
    www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
    www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Wow, the tic-tac puts everything in perspective! Is the egg hard? It doesn't look much different than the soft duds my grandis laid, but I hope this one is viable!!

Shouldn't be long before you're overrun with uros!
    Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
    ROC Geckos
    Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

It's a hard shell. It was still a little soft when I found it, think she had just laid it a few minutes before I found it.
      Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
      www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Prob a dud, the good ones are fully formed and not gluey. Where did you find it in the cage and is it the first eggs? Mine laid a few slugs before depositing fully calcified eggs.
        -Charles Mullen
        I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Comment

This is the 3rd egg, but 1st one I found that didn't split open. I'm inclined to think all 3 are/were duds as I found them all elevated: on a branch, on a ledge and this one stuck to a leaf. The last 2 were in Aug/Sept about 3 weeks apart, I have 3 females together and know at least this one & one of the previous are from the same female (she has hugh calcium sacs also).
          Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
          www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Yeah I asked because when you find them "glued" off the ground your dealing with duds. Still it is a good thing as she is cycling, just takes a bit to get them right.
            -Charles Mullen
            I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Comment

Thanks! My fingers are crossed for both fertile Eben & Sikorae eggs this coming year. It'll be a challenge compared to garg eggs, but I'm so looking forward to successfully hatching some baby Uros.
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Thanks! My fingers are crossed for both fertile Eben & Sikorae eggs this coming year. It'll be a challenge compared to garg eggs, but I'm so looking forward to successfully hatching some baby Uros.
                Working so much with soft-shelled eggs I always wished for hard-shelled. Then when I got hard-shelled it was soooo much different than i expected. The eggs don't show how they're doing nearly as much rhac eggs, but you'll get the hang of it. Do they require lower temps?
                Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
                ROC Geckos
                Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

I got similar eggs from one of my young female Henkeli, they were duds.
                  Although, it is good that your group is beginning to cycle, you should get some fertile eggs this spring.

Good luck!
                  -Armen

Comment

Incubation temps can range from 70-78ish. It usually take 90 days or so and the hatchlings are very small!

Cheers!

Luis
                    T.R. Herp
                    Uroplatus Information Center

Comment

Thanks! I currently have it in with my garg eggs with temps between 71-75 (night/day).
                      With an egg that small, I think I'll freak next year if/when we have fertile eggs hatch.
                      Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                      www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Working...
                      X