Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phelsuma, Phelusma, and... more Phelsuma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidhe
    replied
    I love all of your Phelsuma posts...I'm learning a lot from them! Thanks for all the updates.

Leave a comment:

• Sublime Reptiles
    replied
    lucky laura I wish I knew someone growing bamboo!

They all look nice, I personally keep my kochi set up natural and for a feeding ledge I am actually using a suction cup soap holder made by best grips...those suckers are strong you have to use a special tab in order to get them off as they are spring suctioned!

Leave a comment:

• lauraleellbp
    replied
    Thanks!

I'm lucky to have a neighbor who appreciates the help thinning his out, it grows so fast. He lets me take however much I need.

Leave a comment:

• megaggie2002
    replied
    Cool! Now to just find some bamboo

The phelsuma are so cute!

Leave a comment:

• lauraleellbp
    replied
    1/2"- I cut them approximately 17 1/2" long for my 18x18x24s and 11 1/2" for the 12x12x18s.

Leave a comment:

• megaggie2002
    replied
    Is the bamboo cut a 1/2 or 1/4 inch shorter than the inside of the tank measures?

Leave a comment:

• lauraleellbp
    replied
    I don't. The knob on the end of the suction cups rests inside the natural opening in the ends of the bamboo, and the bamboo itself pushes against the suction cups a bit for a snug fit- keeps the suction cups pushed firmly against the glass. It's actually a bit of work to break the suction enough to move them once they're in place lol

Leave a comment:

• megaggie2002
    replied
    Originally posted by lauraleellbp View Post
    Cleaned the enclosures today so took the (rare) opportunity to snag a photo when poop isn't streaked down all the front doors (WHY is that the favorite potty spot for all my Grandis? )

I also stole an idea off of Geckos Unlimited and made some of my own bamboo feeding ledges for Tikan and Tikel (the Grandis hatchlings)

How do you attach the suction cups to the bamboo?

Leave a comment:

• lauraleellbp
    replied
    I'm running 40 watt Halogens for heat lamps and 14 watt (60w equivalent) 5000k "bright white" spiral CFs in the front. I'll probably eventually switch these out for some strip T5HOs mounted on the undersides of the top shelves (to save on space and not have quite so many cords to manage...)

Leave a comment:

• Poke
    replied
    Nice setups Lauralee, what bulbs do you have in your fixtures?

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Very nice, gives me ideas for setting up my grandis tanks. Going potty down the front doors are better than down the back wall where it's harder to reach for cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• lauraleellbp
    replied
    Cleaned the enclosures today so took the (rare) opportunity to snag a photo when poop isn't streaked down all the front doors (WHY is that the favorite potty spot for all my Grandis? )

I also stole an idea off of Geckos Unlimited and made some of my own bamboo feeding ledges for Tikan and Tikel (the Grandis hatchlings)

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Adria is sooooo gorgeous; just love those facial markings! Now I am super excited to get my 2 babies from Tony.

Leave a comment:

• Terradas
    replied
    Awesome! I'll check there.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Terradas View Post
    Great pickups Laura Lee! I'm going to need to find thin bamboo like you have.
    We got a bundle of 30 thin bamboo branches about 3' long for $8 at Target about 2 months ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X