Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phelsuma, Phelusma, and... more Phelsuma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't. The knob on the end of the suction cups rests inside the natural opening in the ends of the bamboo, and the bamboo itself pushes against the suction cups a bit for a snug fit- keeps the suction cups pushed firmly against the glass. It's actually a bit of work to break the suction enough to move them once they're in place lol

Comment

Is the bamboo cut a 1/2 or 1/4 inch shorter than the inside of the tank measures?
      2.4.0 Crested geckos, 0.2.0 Gargoyle geckos, 0.1.0 Okeetee cornsnake - Correen,
      0.1.0 Amel cornsnake - Fiona, 1.0.0 Snow cornsnake - Kai, 1.1.0 Kenyan sand boa, 1.0.1 Leopard gecko,
      0.3.0 Guinea pig (Cavy) 5.1.0 Mutts, 0.2.0 Cats,
      0.0.2 White-lipped (cheeked) mud turtles, 3.10.0 Bettas, 0.0.1 Rio grande gold tarantula
      ~Megan

Comment

1/2"- I cut them approximately 17 1/2" long for my 18x18x24s and 11 1/2" for the 12x12x18s.

Comment

Cool! Now to just find some bamboo

The phelsuma are so cute!
          2.4.0 Crested geckos, 0.2.0 Gargoyle geckos, 0.1.0 Okeetee cornsnake - Correen,
          0.1.0 Amel cornsnake - Fiona, 1.0.0 Snow cornsnake - Kai, 1.1.0 Kenyan sand boa, 1.0.1 Leopard gecko,
          0.3.0 Guinea pig (Cavy) 5.1.0 Mutts, 0.2.0 Cats,
          0.0.2 White-lipped (cheeked) mud turtles, 3.10.0 Bettas, 0.0.1 Rio grande gold tarantula
          ~Megan

Comment

Thanks!

I'm lucky to have a neighbor who appreciates the help thinning his out, it grows so fast. He lets me take however much I need.

Comment

lucky laura I wish I knew someone growing bamboo!

They all look nice, I personally keep my kochi set up natural and for a feeding ledge I am actually using a suction cup soap holder made by best grips...those suckers are strong you have to use a special tab in order to get them off as they are spring suctioned!
              lets just say I have a lot of stuff
              www.sublimereptiles.com
              Facebook
              BOI

Comment

I love all of your Phelsuma posts...I'm learning a lot from them! Thanks for all the updates.
                Currently keeping Correlophus ciliatus, Pantherophis guttatus, Trachemys scripta elegans, and Hemitheconyx caudicinctus.
                I have also kept Phelsuma klemmeri, Eublepharis macularius, Rhacodactylus auriculatus, and Lampropeltis getula californiae.

Comment

Working...
                X