Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phelsuma, Phelusma, and... more Phelsuma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phelsuma, Phelusma, and... more Phelsuma!

I was super stoked that Vicki from BFG had lots of Phelsuma at the Tampa Repticon yesterday! I was a few minutes too late to snag any of her adult P. standingi, but did manage to score two lovely subadults that Vicki thinks are already a bonded pair, a gorgeous Crimson x High Red Florida W/C adult female P. m. grandis, and two P. m. grandis hatchlings from the same cross.

The grandis female is still showing stress colors and completely in hiding, but everyone else has been out and about and seem to be adjusting quite well, so I snapped a few pics:

First off, the two hatchlings- Tikan and Tikel

Here's their QT enclosures

Tikan

Tikel

Next the two P. standingi, Maeva and Mirov. I can't tell them apart just yet lol

Nice new additions! I love the standingi; very pretty.
    Currently keeping Correlophus ciliatus, Pantherophis guttatus, Trachemys scripta elegans, and Hemitheconyx caudicinctus.
    I have also kept Phelsuma klemmeri, Eublepharis macularius, Rhacodactylus auriculatus, and Lampropeltis getula californiae.

Comment

I really love your setups, they're simple but very Phelsuma-friendly! Very cool enclosures, and congrats on the new pickups!
      ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
      7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Very nice indeed! You and Tony have really gotten me interested in the Phelsuma & I can't wait to get my 2 from him.
        Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
        www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
        www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Great pickups Laura Lee! I'm going to need to find thin bamboo like you have.

Also, really digging those standingi! I've been contemplating them, but still on the fence.
          Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
          ROC Geckos
          Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Thanks!!

Vicki had GREAT deals on her Phelsuma, she was liquidating hers b/c she's out of space inside her house but was needing to bring them all in due to the cooler weather. She said she may have one more adult Standingi pair she'll sell me if she can re-capture the female (it's currently loose in her greenhouse lol).

Comment

And... Here's a few quick pics of Adria:

Comment

Originally posted by Terradas View Post
                Great pickups Laura Lee! I'm going to need to find thin bamboo like you have.
                We got a bundle of 30 thin bamboo branches about 3' long for $8 at Target about 2 months ago.
                Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Awesome! I'll check there.
                  Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
                  ROC Geckos
                  Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Adria is sooooo gorgeous; just love those facial markings! Now I am super excited to get my 2 babies from Tony.
                    Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                    www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Cleaned the enclosures today so took the (rare) opportunity to snag a photo when poop isn't streaked down all the front doors (WHY is that the favorite potty spot for all my Grandis? )

I also stole an idea off of Geckos Unlimited and made some of my own bamboo feeding ledges for Tikan and Tikel (the Grandis hatchlings)

Comment

Very nice, gives me ideas for setting up my grandis tanks. Going potty down the front doors are better than down the back wall where it's harder to reach for cleaning.
                        Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                        www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Nice setups Lauralee, what bulbs do you have in your fixtures?

Comment

I'm running 40 watt Halogens for heat lamps and 14 watt (60w equivalent) 5000k "bright white" spiral CFs in the front. I'll probably eventually switch these out for some strip T5HOs mounted on the undersides of the top shelves (to save on space and not have quite so many cords to manage...)

Comment

Originally posted by lauraleellbp View Post
                              Cleaned the enclosures today so took the (rare) opportunity to snag a photo when poop isn't streaked down all the front doors (WHY is that the favorite potty spot for all my Grandis? )

I also stole an idea off of Geckos Unlimited and made some of my own bamboo feeding ledges for Tikan and Tikel (the Grandis hatchlings)

How do you attach the suction cups to the bamboo?
                              2.4.0 Crested geckos, 0.2.0 Gargoyle geckos, 0.1.0 Okeetee cornsnake - Correen,
                              0.1.0 Amel cornsnake - Fiona, 1.0.0 Snow cornsnake - Kai, 1.1.0 Kenyan sand boa, 1.0.1 Leopard gecko,
                              0.3.0 Guinea pig (Cavy) 5.1.0 Mutts, 0.2.0 Cats,
                              0.0.2 White-lipped (cheeked) mud turtles, 3.10.0 Bettas, 0.0.1 Rio grande gold tarantula
                              ~Megan

Comment

Working...
                              X