Mourning gecko babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourning gecko babies

It's been a very busy year, and the mourning geckos have done more than their share of keeping it that way for me, ahaha. Here are a couple of pictures from this last month:

Its clutchmate:

Next to a crested gecko egg for size reference:

Finally made it!

And a previous hatchling for size reference:

Thanks for looking!
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Um..... HOW did you get the eggs onto Superhatch??
    Mike
    www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
      Mine came off of the glass really easy At Ihkura; how long did your eggs take to hatch? I had some laid on August 2d, and they are still incubating
      http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...c-4718745e672d

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
        The sets of eggs that I have incubating outside of the tank were laid on other eggs. When those eggs hatched, they lost their grip on the cork bark cave they had been laid in, so I was able to retrieve them and stuff them in the incubator with my cresties. Basically, it was just luck that I found them lying detached. That's one of the big reasons I recommend cork bark with mournings, so that eggs aren't laid on the glass or between doors and whatnot.

If you look carefully, you can see the indents of where the other eggs used to be attached and were cleaned up. Mourning geckos are very tidy about egg shells post-hatching.

Originally posted by The Living Palette View Post
        how long did your eggs take to hatch? I had some laid on August 2d, and they are still incubating
        Actually, I have no idea, because I rarely catch them immediately. The rough estimate of the clutch I did catch relatively soon incubated for at least 130 days. They take foreverrrrr to hatch, but I'm incubating them in with my crested geckos so it is usually 68-71*F.
        ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
        7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

i want one!!
          0.0.1 cresties 0.1 florida king 0.1 hypo brooks king 1.2 hypo albino prairie kings 1.1 albino hondoking (hondo milk x fla king)
          1.0 lav albino brooks 0.1 goini king 1.0 albino pueblen milk 1.1 sulfer brooks king 0.1 anery brooks king 1.1 albino speckled king
          1.1 pug

Comment

Aww! So cute. I want a pair so bad!
            "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

Working...
            X