Pictus/Panther Gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictus/Panther Gecko

I am really looking into getting a pictus. I have really liked what i have heard so far. But what are yalls opinions as keepers as to how to care for them best?
    Travis Skaggs
    Crested- Gidian, Theodore, Hera
    Gargoyle- Sally Po
    Agricolae- Scoot

I have 3. An adult, a baby and a barely hanging on juvie. My other two are great, but not very active. My juvie though has gone through a rough patch, that I fear he won't come back from. Temperature and humidity are huge with these guys. Other than that, I have no complaints. I thought about breeding them, but my juvie has made the choice for me, to not breed.
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Comment

well if you ever want to sell some let me know i cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere.
      Travis Skaggs
      Gargoyle- Sally Po
      Agricolae- Scoot

Comment

Originally posted by NorthTexasWilds View Post
        well if you ever want to sell some let me know i cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere.
        Really? Not that I advocate buying from Petco's or Petsmart's necessarily, but I see Pictus in there all the time for 20 to 40 dollars. I used to have one, awesome little geckos. She was a mean bugger! But I loved her.
        "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

yea i have called all the petsmarts and petco in the area. they just arent there. I would be willing to buy one from someone if they picked one up lol
          Travis Skaggs
          Gargoyle- Sally Po
          Agricolae- Scoot

Comment

They are very cool little geckos, fairly hardy although in my experience once they've become unhealthy they are a bit more difficult to rehabilitate. They're pretty shy, although once they figure out that you being around means food they'll come out to check things out. and they're very fun to watch at night.

Don't underestimate them, they might seem clumsy, but i've had them escape from setups that i thought would have been impossible for them. make sure if the enclosure isn't tall, it has a very secure lid. however, they are still fragile so you have to take a lot of care when holding them.
            Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
            :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

i asked my petsmart and they cant order them
              Travis Skaggs
              Gargoyle- Sally Po
              Agricolae- Scoot

Comment

Working...
              X