Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you found the baby yet?

Comment

I actually did! I found the one in my basement after 3 weeks in a completely different room than I lost it. Don't know how it survived in my cold dark basement for that long right after hatching, but I'm glad it did.
      Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
      ROC Geckos
      Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

I bet they can give you some great deals on car insurance.
        1.1.4 Crested Geckos
        0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
        0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

That is one thing I wish I knew how to do when I started breeding phelsuma this year, how to transfer the babies. I incubate using a sim so doing something like placing the cup in the container and let it come out on its own, or nudge it out doesnt work. However what I did was placed my sim in an empty 5 gallon so that when the babies leaped out of the incubator, they were in a 5 gallon and didnt escape out. For the other phelsuma breeders out there, how do you do it?

But congrats I love seeing little green things!
          lets just say I have a lot of stuff
          www.sublimereptiles.com
          Facebook
          BOI

Comment

Originally posted by thongwedgie View Post
            That is one thing I wish I knew how to do when I started breeding phelsuma this year, how to transfer the babies. I incubate using a sim so doing something like placing the cup in the container and let it come out on its own, or nudge it out doesnt work. However what I did was placed my sim in an empty 5 gallon so that when the babies leaped out of the incubator, they were in a 5 gallon and didnt escape out. For the other phelsuma breeders out there, how do you do it?

But congrats I love seeing little green things!
            I ended up finding both escapees and had 2 more hatch. All the pics are in this thread: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57194

And I just took the delicup and opened it inside the exoterra. I keep an aquarium fish net handy now just in case because the babies are superhyper with the high temps in the incubator. It has seemed to work well.
            Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
            ROC Geckos
            Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Working...
            X