Abronia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abronia

Just wanted to post some pics of the our Abronia graminea and Abronia taeniata... I hope to pick up A. deppi next year if everything works out...

Great and amazing little lizards, such personality. I was lucky to have one of our females drop 6 babies this mid summer.

Enjoy the pics

Here are some of our A. taeniata

Comment

Wow they look great.
      Dan
      Southwest Florida

Comment

Great Looking Abronia, congrats on the litter
        Derek Dunlop
        DDReptiles
        www.DDReptiles.net
        Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!!!!
          Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

You have no idea how much I loooove them and want them!! Stunning!
            Crestopia Reptiles
            http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

I must admit I'm jealous. Very nice group! I've always wondered though, and couldn't seem to find the answer, are the males blue or is it just a random coloration or something? I've noticed the blue tinted kinds and the green ones, and wasn't sure if that's a gender thing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Casmaurgh View Post
                I must admit I'm jealous. Very nice group! I've always wondered though, and couldn't seem to find the answer, are the males blue or is it just a random coloration or something? I've noticed the blue tinted kinds and the green ones, and wasn't sure if that's a gender thing or not.
                In most cases males are always prettier (brighter green) while females tend to be dark. But that is not always the case, some females are just as green or as bright as some males. The "blue" comes from a lack of a certain vitamen or nutrient. You will see that alot of animlas that are green originally green turn blue in captivity. There is something missing in there diet that gives them the green hue. Some people have been able to keep the bright green coloration by feeding field collected insects, offering feeders gutloads with carotens, and by offering the animals direct sunlight. I have soem success with gutloading my inects and feeding field collected insects. But I do have one male that went blue, and is now slowly getting his green back.

Comment

Oh wow, I had no idea they do that. That sounds pretty useful, at least you can see the changes in color first before they have something more serious happen to them. Figures though, I preferred the blueish color to the green, but they're beautiful either way at least.

Comment

(wipes drool off laptop) Wow! Those are such awesome animals! I love the blue ones too. So does that mean blue is a bad thing for them?

Lol, typing that I got the mental image of them going code blue to show health issues. Is there a code red? Or purple?
                    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

Very nice collection, they are just amazing to look at.
                      Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                      www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
                      www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Here is a male A. graminea

here is a female

and a close up of a juvenile

Comment

ZOMBIEGOD! I want a mexican alligator lizard so bad you don't even know!!!! So bad I'm almost, ALMOST tempted to sell my cresteds collection off to get one...but not that badly. Gawd they are just the neatest looking creatures on the planet, thanks for sharing pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X