Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Lamp Question

Hello All,
    I was wondering,what wattage heat lamp should Leopard Geckos go under?
    There is one in a ten gallon and one in a twenty gallon long tank.

Thanks In Advance
    Our zoo
    1.0.2 cresties (Zae, Minninnewah [it means whirlwind] and the other in un named)
    0.1.0 ball python (medusa)
    2.0.0 Leopard geckos (Leo and Pard)
    1.0.0 corn snake (Victor)

UTH (under tank heaters) are commonplace for leopard geckos, and they actually benifit more from using them over a basking light. It is what I personally use and many others on here, and on leopard gecko forums, it is the heating of choice.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

Can those be removed once put on the tank?

also, is it bad to use heat lamps or just not the preffered method of heating?
      Our zoo
      1.0.2 cresties (Zae, Minninnewah [it means whirlwind] and the other in un named)
      0.1.0 ball python (medusa)
      2.0.0 Leopard geckos (Leo and Pard)
      1.0.0 corn snake (Victor)

Comment

It's not necessarily bad to use heat bulbs. However, leos are designed to digest their food thru belly heat. If they were in the wild, they would come out at night and lay on a warm rock that has been heated by the sun all day.
        However you reach proper temps on the warm end is up to you. The key is using a bulb that creates proper temps on the floor surface and not ambient temps... UTH's are much easier to deal with when trying to set up a tank for leos.

Yes they can be removed. They loose their ability to stick over time if you remove it from one tank and put it on another so some people will use it without ever taking the paper off or by sticking it to a piece of glass and then placing it under the tank then.

I personally only mess with UTH's because there's no flucuation in temps when using them in the reptile room when the weather changes outside. Bulbs can be a pain to regulate, find the correct wattage, etc.
        0.1 Gargoyle Gecko 1.6 Leopard Geckos 0.1 Savannah Monitor 2.0.1 White's Tree Frogs 1.0 Dauchshund 0.1 Blue Heeler 0.0.2 Fish 1.2 Humans

Comment

Working...
        X