caiman lizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caiman lizard

i'm wondering what level of supercal would be best for a caiman lizard kept indoors,under a zoo med 5.0 uvb tube ?

I would recomend using snails, its hard to get a better source of calcium, especially for caimen lizards which would probably wash all the dust off in the water anyways.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

do canned snails still have a high calcium content ? they say they are cooked in the can.he's eaten zoo med canned snails and cat food so far.
      Originally posted by DDReptiles View Post
      I would recomend using snails, its hard to get a better source of calcium, especially for caimen lizards which would probably wash all the dust off in the water anyways.

Comment

I don't think the canned snails have the shell, which is the primary source of their calcium, you would be basically feeding them slugs.
        Derek Dunlop
        DDReptiles
        www.DDReptiles.net
        Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Yeah they lack the shell in the zoo med brand. Basically slugs yes
          www.trophyrhacs.webs.com
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trophy...40038856070077

Comment

thanks for replying,but they spit the crushed shell out,so it wouldn't be a source of calcium.he eats his canned snails from a dish on land.

i planned on supplimenting with straight calcium because he is 5-6 inches away from a 5.0 uvb bulb when basking,but someone has suggested using calcium plus,which has d3 in it.i know the tubes don't provide a lot of uvb,as compared to sunlight,but i'm concerned it would provide too much d3 when using both.what are your thoughts ?
            Originally posted by DDReptiles View Post

Comment

Working...
            X