My iguana ran away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My iguana ran away

My green iguana ran away today. When i got home from school he wasnt in his enclosure anymore. so i quickly ran down stairs to look for him but he was nowhere to be found i looked under cars and everything

my mom is working right now, so she still doesnt know....

it sucks because its very cloudy outside, and its supposed to be raining soon.

poor iguana, i really hope i can see him again

If he managed to get outside, look up in trees around your home. Also try looking on Craigs List, maybe somebody found him and is looking for the owner.
    http://www.chaoticnightsreptile.com/

Comment

Most states require that you call your local police department and animal control within 24 hours of the animal escapeing. That way if they do find the animal you'll be able to claim it.

Comment

thanks, i'll be sure to do that asap!

Comment

How large is the animal and what type of enclosure did you have it in?

Comment

he iguana was about 15 inches long (from vent to tail) so he was still somewhat of a baby.

I had him in something similar to http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/...ze-iguanarium/
            Im guessing my little bro didnt close his door good enough after feeding him, so he most likely jumped off the balcony.

Note to self, start buying locks for cages...>.>

definetly learned the hard way :-x

Comment

I think most of us have had this problem. I lost my adult iguana he was a little over 6 1/2ft long. He had learned how to open the latch on his custome cage. I seen him fiddle with it a few times and never thought anything of it. One day I came home to an open cage door and a giant hole in the screen of my bedroom window. We found him a week later in a tree and had to call a tree service out to get him. He had a URI from being out in the cold for two days (It was fall so we had our warm days and our cool days) I changed the latch on the door after that to include a lock. Even if your guy is that small you still need to contact the proper authorities. The last thing the reptile nation needs is a headline reading "Iguanas becomeing invasive in Cali?" because they find your guy. Hopefuly you or the authories find him and you get him home safely.

Comment

thanks for the help tiedyegecko

Comment

Where are you in San Diego? keep checking cl
                  2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
                  1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
                  1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Comment

i live in the eastern part of San Diego, City Heights.

*Nothing in cl..yet

Comment

Poor guy hope you find him. I have seen a few iguanas at the shelters so also check there if you dont find him. I would also suggest looking up though he maybe sitting in a tree outside somewhere
                      2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
                      1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
                      1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Comment

Yah, it's going to be a pain, because there is a huge tree and a bunch of other smaller ones, but i'll look for him all day if i have to!

Comment

The capacity for these animals to survive is amazing. I lost my Blue Tongue Skink outdoors in WA state for over 3 months before landscapers found him. he was extremely lucky as we had a deep freeze the next day. I called the local Police Dept, I posted on craigslist, I called the local animal shelters who take in found animals, and I posted flyers and gave them to my neighbors within a mile radius of my house so they would be prepared if they saw a big strange lizard.
                          Anyone doing landscape or tree work in the area should be notified, as they re the ones most likely to find your little escapee. I wish you the best of luck finding him, its horrible to have an animal on the loose and not knowing if its going to be OK. I hope you find your ig safe and sound very soon!
                          Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

aww thanks guy's for helping me keep my hopes up

I hope somone found him and took him home. so that atleast he can be nice and warm.

Comment

Working...
                            X