Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lots of gecko pictures ( phelsuma, bavayia) and new tank shots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John_Woodward
    replied
    Phil Tremper actually, they are f1's from wild caughts from back in the 90's, he sent me pictures and they do look a bit different from my cyclura's, but these damn bavayia all look so much alike, when is a subspecies gonna pop up that just blows us outta the water, lol. I know what you mean about an army man, they accumulate quickly!! if your interested in sending some over, i dont mind growing my army up hahaha

Leave a comment:

• DDReptiles
    replied
    Originally posted by John_Woodward View Post
    @ derek, how are your bavayia doing these days? I kept all of my babies back from last year and they are starting to produce their first clutches now, i have some bavayia sp on the way this week or next.
    I still have a small army of Bavayia LOL, too many! Who are you getting the undescribed from? I got some undescribed from Jon's stock and I think they are just cyclura, they look identical.

Leave a comment:

• sushigex
    replied
    Very nice indeed John. P.guimbeaui are definitely on my must have list someday.

Leave a comment:

• Melissa N.
    replied
    Thank you for sharing these photos. I love the Bavayia, and the Phelsuma is beautifully
    marked. Like your set-ups too, and especially that they have live plants.
    (I'm going to post a recent photo of a Crested Gecko you actually bred, though I didn't
    get directly from you. He's one of my favorites ; ) Best wishes. melissa n.

Leave a comment:

• John_Woodward
    replied
    thanks for the compliments guys, this year should be a big year for me as far as bavayia and phelsuma go, i have multiple pairs of a number of different species and have finally got some nice set ups for them, now lets just hope i can find some eggs lol. Phelsuma for people that do not have too good of an idea are kinda like tropical fish, georgious animals, but cannot be held. they are really flighty and fast, lose their tails in a heart beat and their skin rips really easily. I really dont mind though, i got leachianus and tegus for stuff to hold,lol.
    @ derek, how are your bavayia doing these days? I kept all of my babies back from last year and they are starting to produce their first clutches now, i have some bavayia sp on the way this week or next.
    @ jeff, i told u they would turn out to be sweet cages. Once i get you some borbonica you will realize just how fat those buggers really can get.. a skinny borbonica definately means your doing something wrong lol.

Leave a comment:

• Sgvreptilesss
    replied
    Not to shabby with the cages mate. And that borbonica male is a freaking BEAST! pump out some babies!

Leave a comment:

• DDReptiles
    replied
    Looking Good John I like those tanks you built, although I hate trying to clean tanks like those that have that lip in the front, especially trying to change the peat moss, they are nice to look at though and easy to maintain.

A smaller version would work well for the Bavayia!

Leave a comment:

• Sublime Reptiles
    replied
    yes they have delicate skin, but they are also normally an extreamly flighty species.

Leave a comment:

• Dagan
    replied
    The phelsumas are so colorful. I am curious--why should they not be held? I do not know much about the species. Are they delicate?

Leave a comment:

• Sublime Reptiles
    replied
    wow those phelsumas are beautiul john! And that baby is freaking cute. I wish my phelsuma was just a bit more calm that she would come out of hiding a bit more often.

Leave a comment:

• MaddoxDobes
    replied
    Great photos. You have some beautiful animals and setups!

Leave a comment:

• scrletbegonias
    replied
    you have a nice set up! thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• John_Woodward
    replied

woops forgot this one, newly hatched baby borbonica, hoping for female, they certainly change color alot from now until adulthood.

Leave a comment:

• lots of gecko pictures ( phelsuma, bavayia) and new tank shots.

Havent posted on here in a LONG time, so figured i would upload some shots of some of my animals that im currently working with.

First up are some bavayia shots, i currently have 2.5 bavayia cyclura and 4 eggs incubating, these buggers breed like hot cakes once you get them going.

The next shot is of a male bavayia geitaina, i have 2.3 of these with one female pregnant. They really are some calm specimens, The parent of this one will just sit on your hand and let you shoot picts all day.

Im getting some new specimens in soon, so hopefully my collection will be expanding even further.
    Next up is my phelsuma borbonica mater, these guys are my favorite species and really a joy to work with. i have 5.2.1 with a bunch of eggs cooking.
    Young adult male, he is pretty skiddish but has the better coloration of any of them.

This is a picture of him and his new girl, he was with another female but they definately defined the term "love hate relationship" so I figured i'd try a new one for him.

This is his new female, shes one of the more outgoing borbonica i have ever worked with and let me get pretty close to snap this shot.

The next animal i have a personal sweet spot for, it is my oldest male and quite possibly the calmest phelsuma i have ever worked with. As you can see from the shots ( while i do not condone holding phelsuma, this was while changing his tank for a new one) he is quite calm natured.

The Next animal is one of my newest additions, a phelsuma guimbeaui male with absolutely GEORGIOUS coloration. I have 1.2 and am expecting eggs fairly soon from one of the pairs. Looking for another male ( HAHA)
    Finally are some shots of the new caging i built. I am housing pairs of medium phelsuma in there and plan on building more. The tanks measure 24 inches tall, 24 inches deep and 12 inches wide.

Working...
X