Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avalanche: Beautful yet Deadly (GRAPHIC Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalanche: Beautful yet Deadly (GRAPHIC Photos)

I took Avalanche with me to Eric's today. He was doing fantastic! We had his muzzle off, petting him, picking him up. I really though I was getting through to him that everything was safe with me.

Then I got him home. I went to set him on his log in his tank and as I was quickly moving away, he turned and took the end of my finger off. Took over 30 minutes to stop the bleeding only to start up again went I bent my finger trying to do something.

19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Wow! I'm sorry he bit you, that's terrible! I had something similar happen to me when I was holding the newer tokay a while ago, but didn't have a camera on hand... I hope it heals up alright.

Comment

I really didn't know they were capable of that type of carnage...wow...
      Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

OMG, Owwwww!!
        Crestopia Reptiles
        http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

RAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHH I just threw up in my mouth a little! Holy SHIT! I think he was just biding his time, he's a vengeful litl bastich! Good lord, Kita!
          Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Yeowch! Note to self: avoid tokays unless wearing very sturdy gloves!

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Comment

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
              1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Comment

I really thought he was getting better. I mean, I understand it was just a few hours, but still. As intelligent as he is, I think he was behaving until he knew he was home and then he made his move with everything built up from the day. I'm pretty sure I'm done trying with this guy. Hes made it pretty loud and clear that he has no interest in being friendly like my other 4 adults.
                19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

holy shit, he sure took a chunk outta your finger! i bet you made up a few new words.
                  Stacy
                  Gucci the Hairless Chinese Crested & Baldwin the Sphynx Cat

Comment

daaaammmmmnn! Tokays are scary!
                    Abe

Comment

Damn girl!!! I think he is smart enough to hold a grudge and then goes for it.
                      That looks horrible!!!
                      I think 5 species of geckos is enough! Lets not talk about the snakes!

Comment

I'm sorry he bit you, but he's still my favorite of yours! Maybe some are just better left alone. Man, that looks painful.
                        Currently working with R. ciliatus

Comment

Hoooolllly. o_0 That's just ugly. Did he grab on and twist, or did that chunk of finger just nicely pop right off in his nasty jaws? Because if it's the latter, omg! Strong teeth/jaws!

Gosh he's so pretty too. Jerk. And to think I want one of his children. What am I getting myself into?!
                          .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Dang, I didn't realize how much damage their bite could do. Hope your finger heals quickly, that has to be painful. I did like his car seat, looks lime the car manu designed it for gecko travel.
                            Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                            www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
                            www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

I can't stop looking! Heh

Comment

Working...
                              X