Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avalanche: Beautful yet Deadly (GRAPHIC Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really had no idea a tokay could do that much damage... i know they bite, and hard.. but.. wow. sorry to hear he's not behaving. that's just the beauty of wild animals though, i suppose. you never can completely tame them.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by juliethegr8t View Post
      Hoooolllly. o_0 That's just ugly. Did he grab on and twist, or did that chunk of finger just nicely pop right off in his nasty jaws? Because if it's the latter, omg! Strong teeth/jaws!

Gosh he's so pretty too. Jerk. And to think I want one of his children. What am I getting myself into?!
      He did a 180 (does that frequently and VERY well and fast) back at me and took it in one snap. I caught him as he came back out the door and quickly grabbed his neck before I saw the blood on the bumper sticker on the front of the shelf. I looked him over thinking I had hit him somehow, saw my finger (still couldn't feel it), and had to toss him back in so he couldn't do it again. I promptly went into the kitchen and got the paper towel.

The 2 kids I have from him and Storm don't act like that. As a matter of fact, the 3 WCs I just got don't act like that either. It's only him and I was told he is CB. I'm quite certain his previous owners had to have been doing something to him. This is just too much aggression to be normal.

And work sucks. Trying to stock frieght like this, and I'm extremely right handed! I feel very lucky that he is stunted and not at his full potential.
      Last edited by Kita; 03-31-2010, 01:14 AM. Reason: double quote
      19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
      7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
      1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
      www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

Aw gosh, that's sad to think that his previous owners may have been egging him on and just making things end up like this. Poor guy didn't deserve that. I'm so glad you have him now, for his sake at least. Not your sad, sad finger. Fingers bleed like a mofo, but heal fast at least... so I hope you are able to grow back that chunk asap!

Why are the other babies taking so long to haaattccch??! *whines a little, kicks legs*
        .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

owch. that looks very painful, bad, naughty tokay! looks like somebody needs to keep a muzzle on. I hope is was just a bad past home, and not genetic.
          Roxanne
          and the zoo
          www.geckoluv.com

Comment

I really was thing about getting a tokay, but not anymore. Holy hell! I would be more afraid of this gecko than my snapping turtle!
            Crested Geckos
            Ball Pythons
            African Fat Tails

www.Geckodelic.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geckod...34486576627889

Comment

Good Lord Kita! I love this species so beautiful, but OUCH! You need to stop being the tokay whisper and start being the Tokay yeller. *yells* "Dont Bite ya butthole!"
              lets just say I have a lot of stuff
              www.sublimereptiles.com
              Facebook
              BOI

Comment

omg omg omg omg. that is the reason I still will not buy a tokay! :o He's beautiful...but geez!

Comment

Awesome.. I love the poor misunderstood bastids! Reminds me of the guy that spend months living with grizley bears... I was really shocked when one ate him

Limey
                  www.royalreptilia.com
                  More Fun Now!

Comment

D: <--- my face when looking at those pictures.

I kind of thought you were joking about the muzzle thing... I've not had much identification experience and was not aware it was a Tokay. The amount of damage they can do is insane! Hope it heals quickly.

Comment

Please don't judge all Tokays based on Avalanche, thats the same as the name dobermans, pitbulls, etc get just because of a few cases.

His babies have been quite sweet as have the other 4 adults I have, which surprised me since 2 are fairly fresh wild caught. I'll just stick with dropping in crickets and tong feeding his pinkies, let him be and focus on my new kids. I'll let Storm go see him when shes at the glass asking for nookie, but other than that hes staying by himself because I'm not giving him the opportunity to attack her infrustration when he can't get me.
                      19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                      7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                      1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                      www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

Kita it is one of the downfalls of the species, they are aggressive by nature, just something you have to live with because even more tame ones do give out bites here and there. His biting wouldnt turn me away from having one, I still think they are beautiful but I already have 1 dont touch me gecko and thats enough!
                        lets just say I have a lot of stuff
                        www.sublimereptiles.com
                        Facebook
                        BOI

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!! OUCH!! I have been bit by parrots and not had it look that bad!
                          Specializing in R. Chahoua

Comment

Originally posted by laura View Post
                            HOLY CRAP!!! OUCH!! I have been bit by parrots and not had it look that bad!
                            Ditto!

Comment

Wowzah. That's brutal!

How's your finger doing? Too bad you cant grow it back :S

Comment

WOW! Beautiful gecko, but it looks like he took a chunk out of your finger!

Comment

Working...
                                X