Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a pair!

haha, yes, you heard me!

i drove down to LLLReptile (both stores) today, and picked up a pair of pictus geckos! i was only planning on getting one, but when they pulled down the cage, they both crawled out of their hides to come check me out and I fell in love!

Also, they told me the female is about to drop more eggs, so pretty soon I'll be having little babies running around lol. its a good thing i've got all this extra incubation stuff around. i picked up a tub for one of them, and i have a tank for the other one. i figured i'd wait until they're settled in to bother them with pictures, but i'll post them asap!

also, i was once again extremely excited to see just how nice their stores are. the prices are amazing, and all the animals looked so vibrant and healthy. its so worth the drive, especially since i've just got prehistoric pets here by my house.

edit: meet Pam and Jim!

Last edited by rubberduckey273; 03-10-2010, 01:14 AM.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

That sounds exciting. Can't wait for pictures!
    Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
    ~Illumination Exotics~

Comment

Pics please
      2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
      1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
      1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Comment

Good one! They breed like lightning, muy profilico. I remember a time when they were $350, but that was before cellphones and the internet.
        We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Comment

Good one! They breed like lightning, muy profilico. I remember a time when they were $350, but that was before cellphones and the internet.
          haha, that's what i hear! i'm separating them, although i'm sure the damage is already done this time around! but i love baby reptiles, and i got plenty of room right now for the little buggers, so i figure, why not?

annnd, two quick pictures i took before they went into their new homes! i wasn't going to get the female, mostly because i wasn't sure if i wanted to bother with babies right now, but she was so cute the way she stared up at me out of the cage. she's missing a toe, but it looks long healed and doesn't seem to bother her.

the male (i love his color!)

and the female

they were both labeled as stripes, although the female's looks a bit different to me..

Comment

I love that shed pic!
            Dagan. Illumination Exotics Facebook. iHerp. Artwork.
            ~Illumination Exotics~

Comment

Congrats! They are such cute little critters, love the photos. Keep us updated on the egg situation...love eggs and babies!
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
              www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

awww, their soo cute. they're both crawling around the cages, exploring, and they keep randomly poking their heads out to look at me. they seem so aware for geckos lol

Comment

Don't forget quarantine!
                  ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
                  7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Working...
                  X