Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breeding leopard question

Hey,
    quik question on leopard geckos,up until now Ive only worked with Bearded and Frilled dragons, but over the last 8 mos now have ended up with alot of geckos,last night the male leopard was seen mating with the two females that are housed together,rough idea when she'll lay the first clutch? with the dragons, they lay their eggs roughly 30 days after mating.

Joe M.
    www.dragonslare.com
    1.4. Frilled Dragons, 4.5.0.15 Bearded Dragons, 1.4.31.24 Crested Geckos, 1.4.0.2 Halmahera Giant Geckos (marginata), 1.1. Gargoyle Geckos, 3.8.6.4 Leopard Geckos, 1.5.1.20 Chinese Cave Geckos, 2.1.2.4 Fat-Tail Geckos, 1.1. Mossy LeafTail Gecko's, 0.1 Henkeli LeafTail Gecko, 0.3. African Banded Velvet Gecko's, 0.0.2 Madagascan Giant Day Gecko's, 1.0. Veiled Chameleons, .1.1. Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis 1.1. Cyrtodactylus intermedius 1.4.Tibetan Frog-Eyed Gecko's

3-4 weeks should do it if hes fertile and they were ovulationg. You can look on their bellies and if you see a pink spot about mid way they are ovulating and you should be good to go. Good luck!

Comment

Hey,
      thanks for the quik reply,she must be ready,because she seamed to wiggle her tail and get his attention, but Iam now concerned about the other female, apparently she's not ready and he tried, they ended up fighting real bad and now she has a small chunk of fleshy skin/fat taken of her mid-tail,is this common?he's abit scuffed up also,should he be taken out?or do you think he got the message and will leave her alone? these three have been together for close to six months now. I read that another breeder,never separates his small breeding pods.As mentioned,Ive only done the Dragon thing,this will be are first "Gecko" breeding.I had a customer give me three Crested Gecko eggs that I incubated,but their not old enough to breed yet,and it looks like the female White Lined gecko's could be gravid,their calcium sacs are beginning to develope on their necks.

Thanks for your help, Joe M.
      Joe M.
      www.dragonslare.com
      1.4. Frilled Dragons, 4.5.0.15 Bearded Dragons, 1.4.31.24 Crested Geckos, 1.4.0.2 Halmahera Giant Geckos (marginata), 1.1. Gargoyle Geckos, 3.8.6.4 Leopard Geckos, 1.5.1.20 Chinese Cave Geckos, 2.1.2.4 Fat-Tail Geckos, 1.1. Mossy LeafTail Gecko's, 0.1 Henkeli LeafTail Gecko, 0.3. African Banded Velvet Gecko's, 0.0.2 Madagascan Giant Day Gecko's, 1.0. Veiled Chameleons, .1.1. Cyrtodactylus irianjayaensis 1.1. Cyrtodactylus intermedius 1.4.Tibetan Frog-Eyed Gecko's

Comment

If they're fighting shes not ready. You need to separate them. Apply alittle neosporin with out pain relief over the injury. Preferable substraite is paper towel.

Comment

Working...
        X