my new lil buddy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new lil buddy!!

just rescued my first bearded dragon! its about 6 inches long but only weighs 4 grams!! his so called hot spot was 80 degrees. he was getting fed 1 cricket for every inch of his body length, meaning they fed him 3 crickets a day!!! a very small uvb light which probably wasnt even useful..

i brought it home and he ate 12 crickets like it was nothing! he seems very active after he warmed up. i think i did the right thing for sure! heres a pic

1.0.1 crestie
    0.1.1 garg
    1.0. bearded dragon
    0.1 emperor scorpion

Very cute! I wish I had enough room for a beardie. They're so much fun.
    www.emilysgeckos.com

Comment

He has such a baby face!! Awwww!!
      2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Comment

Oh hes cute! Great pics. Hope he does well for you
        Crestopia Reptiles
        http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

Yeah, 3 crickets a day is ridiculous. These guys eat a LOT. Congrats on your new beardie! Although high maintenance, they are very rewarding.
          Currently working with R. ciliatus

Comment

thanks everyone! i had to order crickets online since i emptied the supply at the petstore. i just need to get him eatin his veggies!
            1.0.1 crestie
            0.1.1 garg
            1.0. bearded dragon
            0.1 emperor scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by ls1goat04 View Post
              thanks everyone! i had to order crickets online since i emptied the supply at the petstore. i just need to get him eatin his veggies!
              When he gets bigger, I recommend superworms. They are so awesome. So easy to keep a ton of them, and beardies love them.

Haha... I ordered them online once, and the guy delivering them couldn't find our house and left 3 frustrated messages on my fiance's phone complaining about how much they stank. They actually don't smell bad, by the way. The delivery guy was just being a baby.

For greens, try mustard greens first! Mine loves them. And kale second. He will get better about eating more greens when he gets older, so even if he doesn't eat a ton at first, just keep offering and don't panic.
              Currently working with R. ciliatus

Comment

Mustard greens and kale are awesome, adding on to what Lauren and Hunter said (or maybe just what one of them said :P), but my beardie goes crazy for collard greens too!!
                2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Comment

Working...
                X