Baby updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby updates!

Holy cow Tokays grow fast! I couldn't wait any longer so I went ahead and cleaned the Tokay Nursery tonight, weighed the babies, and took new photos.

AS-01: 37 days old and 8.6 grams (grown 6.2 grams since hatching)

AS-02: 25 days old and 6.3 grams (grown 4 grams since hatchling). This one still stays pretty dark in its colors and still has a belly button!

I put Storm in with them while I cleaned the Nursery. She looks gravid, but she just laid eggs 2 days ago.

Then I had to do some group shots.

Now as for personality, the oldest seems the most calm. The youngest kept jumping everywhere and gaping. It did help a lot when I turned off the fan lights and only had the red heat lamps to see by. They both calmed down even more.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

OH MY GOSH, soooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing, I think a weekly update is in order.. I can't get enough of that Tokay Cuteness!

Comment

OMG cute overload!!! I can't believe how fast they grow, though. o_0 Gained over 6 grams in just over a month, that's ridiculous!! They need to talk to my crestie babies about how to do that...

What are you feeding them?
      .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Originally posted by Syn View Post
        OH MY GOSH, soooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing, I think a weekly update is in order.. I can't get enough of that Tokay Cuteness!
        They took the handling well enough that I might just do that. And obviously I don't have to worry about them not eating.

Originally posted by juliethegr8t View Post
        OMG cute overload!!! I can't believe how fast they grow, though. o_0 Gained over 6 grams in just over a month, that's ridiculous!! They need to talk to my crestie babies about how to do that...

What are you feeding them?
        They certainly aren't sharing their secret with my Cresties!
        Gut loaded crickets and CGD with extra calcium. They don't eat the CGD as much as they used to, but it gives the crickets something to munch before they get munched.
        19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
        7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
        1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider

Comment

They are SO adorable and I looove that last photo!
          Crestopia Reptiles
          http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

They look awesome!!! I have to agree, that last pic needs to be a poster!
            I think 5 species of geckos is enough! Lets not talk about the snakes!

Comment

Eeeee! I came back again and it still got me smiling. LOVE THESE PICTURES!

Comment

i want one so bad! but my gf is freaking out because everyone she sees on youtube is biting everything in sight lol.

these dont seem that bad! im buying one! lol
                1.0.1 crestie
                0.1.1 garg
                1.0. bearded dragon
                0.1 emperor scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by ls1goat04 View Post
                  i want one so bad! but my gf is freaking out because everyone she sees on youtube is biting everything in sight lol.

these dont seem that bad! im buying one! lol
                  Don't let the photos fool you. They did gape and bark (just a little barking) and one did bite. This is their natural defense so it can't be completely tamed away. Storm looks like she is smiling because she was gaping at me as well. She gets unhappy when I come in around her eggs. Even she still bites at that time, but she has long since broken skin and even longer since drawing blood. It STILL happens and I do feel it. You just also need to know WHY it is happening. I've just had Storm long enough, and ignored her protests enough, to understand what she is complaining about. If shes just "PMSing" I ignore her and take her out anyways. If not, I work quick (counting the eggs twice a day, refilling her CGD bowl, offering a pinky) and let her alone.

"Tame" for a Tokay means they tolerate you, not that they will never bite. It's easier to get them to except you if you start with a youngster because their most powerful bite is too weak to effect you thus giving you a chance to work with them.

Comment

The last picture is too cute!
                    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Comment

Only Tokays I've met were ferocious little buggers. These guys look placid by comparison, even if they do bite from time to time.
                      1.2.0 Crested Geckos: Julian, Libby, & Zest
                      0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Chewy
                      1.1.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Mel and Lanie
                      "Google safe search is like a condom for your brain." - Dr. Raymond Clemens

Comment

Wow !
                        I can't believe you got a pic with all three of them in there, thats amazing.
                        I had no idea they could be tamed like this.

Comment

Hehehe I so sending you my deposit Friday! Lol by the way you need to start a tokay calendar and have the last pic for mothers day! You also have the costume for october!
                          0.1 Human- Kyrah, 3.1 Crested Geckos, 0.2.1 Tokay, 1.1 Uromastyx, 0.1 Ball Python, 0.0.1 leachy, 1.0 chewie/crested hybrid, 2.2 RTB, 1.0 golden gecko

Comment

Aww I love the group shots!

Comment

So cute! You're not by any chance selling babies ?
                              "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

Working...
                              X