No announcement yet.

favorite lizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Perhaps I should have mentioned that fast movements (even gently-tossed towels) are very upsetting to anxiety-prone animals. Next time I recommend picking him up with the towels already over your hands so you can swaddle him as soon as he's off his perch.

Owwwwww...those cuts.
    2.4.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Zappa, Basset, Mo, Sprocket, Sparrow, Ellie, Jenga) 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus (Dr. Doctor) 1.0.0 Pogona vitticeps (Xander) 0.1.0 Eublepharis macularius (Gaia) 1.1.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus (Oluyemi, Yoruba) 1.0.0 Chamaeleo calyptratus (Faizal) Fish tank [15g] (betta Sputnik, many apple snails, and nameless mollies)

Comment

nothing to be sorry about-you made that clear in your original post.i forgot about gently cradling him,and listened to the advice of my friend.the monitor was fine with the first 4 clippings,when he was still inside the cage.i think i'll just be patient and wait until he is in a position to clip the nails,one foot at a time.i want the nail clipping to be as less traumatic for the lizard as possible.
      Originally posted by qzumaki View Post
      Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Perhaps I should have mentioned that fast movements (even gently-tossed towels) are very upsetting to anxiety-prone animals. Next time I recommend picking him up with the towels already over your hands so you can swaddle him as soon as he's off his perch.

Owwwwww...those cuts.

Comment

Working...
      X