Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ihkura
    replied
    Just make sure to ask if they have reptile safe anti-inflammatory meds, and if they can give him a calc/vitamin shot so he doesn't run dry while he's on a fast. And definitely ask for an x-ray. Even if it looks good, there still may be fractures, which although you can't do much for, is good to keep an eye on so it heals properly.

*chuckles* Never thought all those volunteer hours would pay off at the wildlife rehab, but then when emergencies pop up you know what to do to stay calm. Ah, well, there you go. Remember what I said and stay calm at all times. Not only will your thinking abilities be affected, he'll probably be able to smell the stress hormone your body lets off and there's no knowing how he'd react. Cats, dogs, and all sorts of other creatures can smell that kind of thing, too.

Leave a comment:

• juliethegr8t
    replied
    I know nothing about this history of this tokay - but is MBD a possibility with him? I wouldn't think that normal eating activities would cause such a problem, with healthy bones. *shrug* Glad it is looking better, and good luck. Let us know what the vet says!

Leave a comment:

• Syn
    replied
    Will do. Going to spray him and probably catch some z's myself. It's been a very stressful day.

Leave a comment:

• MaddoxDobes
    replied
    Best of luck Syn. Keep us posted on him

Leave a comment:

• Syn
    replied
    <3. I plan on giving him a full night's rest. I'm going to make a video of him tomorrow of how sweet he is if he's up for it.

Lots of water, lots of rest. I won't be letting him eat for a couple days.

Leave a comment:

• MaddoxDobes
    replied
    Aww, I do hope hes ok. Hes so cute

Leave a comment:

• Syn
    replied
    He put his jaw back as far as I can tell, but there's no way to tell if anything internal has happened. I will probably be going down for x-rays and to get meds.

Leave a comment:

• rhatfield
    replied
    good luck with the beastie, I hope he is okay.

Leave a comment:

• MaddoxDobes
    replied
    I hope hes okay too!!

Leave a comment:

• Heatheri004
    replied
    i hope he is okay!!

Leave a comment:

• Syn
    replied
    Ok. I've gotten a little help from a friend, but it has me very pessimistic about the situation.

Guess I'll be spending a lot at the vet tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Syn
    started a topic EMERGENCY TOKAY

EMERGENCY TOKAY

EDIT: The tokay's jaw has been set back into place by himself, but I will still be going to the vet to get extra meds.

My tokay was eating his superworms and somehow managed to break/dislocate his jaw.

There were some nasty cracking sounds when he was chewing the super. I thought the super might have just been crunchy. Ugh.

I can show you on webcam but no camera is working for me right now.

THERE IS NO VET OPEN RIGHT NOW.

This is all I can get

Last edited by Syn; 08-28-2009, 11:40 PM.
Working...
X