Pluto--what did you do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluto--what did you do?!

tonight has been terrible. my a/c went out and i have to wait for someone until the morning. well, i was walking around the room and i hear this terrible scream. it was pluto--my satanic. i took her out and she has some of the coco fiber in her mouth...she just had her mouth open so wide and screaming like a frog does...

i gave her a little water with syringe but i'm not sure if she'll make it. i put her in a kk "sauna" to see what happens...

any suggestions???

ill be devestated if she dies!
    Last edited by Heatheri004; 08-20-2009, 12:01 AM. Reason: added information

im not sure if it's dirt anymore :/ any ideas?!!
    Last edited by Heatheri004; 08-20-2009, 12:32 AM. Reason: info

Comment

Is something stuck in her airway?? I would check that out
      www.trophyrhacs.webs.com
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trophy...40038856070077

Comment

aww man, I hope someone can chime in, poor thing! I would try getting close and figuring out what she has in there. Was there any live food in her tank?
        -Ashley https://www.facebook.com/BerryPatchGecko

Comment

just her crickets. she always has her small crickets. ive always heard to keep their tanks as natural as possible and not hold her, so i tend to just feed her in the tank so i dont stress her.

Comment

Im thinking something is stuck in her throat
            www.trophyrhacs.webs.com
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trophy...40038856070077

Comment

Man I don't know what to say, but I wish you both the best of luck, ill be praying for the little girl, man I wish she could tell you whats going on.
              -Ashley https://www.facebook.com/BerryPatchGecko

Comment

it almost looks like black blood or something????

i tried to syringe her a bit of water in the mouth, she just screams at me...

Comment

sorry im being annoying guys...i just dont know what to do or what this is....any ideas??

Comment

what is the temperature in the room now that your ac is out? if the temp is above 80-85, you need to cool her down.

there is nothing in her throat. screaming is a stress reaction.
                    jason.p

Protean Terrarium Design
                    www.proteanterrarium.com

Custom Glass Terrariums

Comment

it is around 80 actually. when i first heard her scream she had dirt in her mouth, but i guess it is all gone now. ive been keeping her in a kk, spraying it down.

i called the landlord for the past 7 hours...she said she'd send someone in the morning

Comment

Take her in the kitchen and open your fridge or something. Don't put her in it, just in front of it. A few extra bucks on the bill to run it will be nothing. Satanics are expensive and rare....Poor girl.
                        Meg
                        THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                        on facebook

Comment

Get a styrofoam cooler, a ziploc bag full of ice (medium quart sized), wrap it in a towel (face towel, just bigger than a wash clothe), put the ice bag on the bottom, then lay a few layers of crumpled newspaper, then your gecko in a deli cup or KK (with a slightly moist paper towel), then a few more layers of crumpled newspaper and cover it.

Put a thermometer on the top of the top layers of newspaper and check it frequently. try to get in the 70-73 range.

thats really all you can do until you're ac goes back on.

And do not open it up unless to check the temperature, do not mess with her. Just leave her be. if she throws her tail, she's a goner.

-jason.
                          jason.p

Protean Terrarium Design
                          www.proteanterrarium.com

Custom Glass Terrariums

Comment

thanks for the help guys...ive gotten her cooled down a bit, she's a bit more lively. ill let you know what happens.

Comment

Best of luck... that must have been so scary. She's beautiful, I hope she makes it.

Darn those satanics... so fragile..
                              .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Working...
                              X