No announcement yet.

Pluto--what did you do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is she doing now? I am so sorry.You must be so very worried!
    www.geckohaven.com
    Cin

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlvr View Post
      How is she doing now? I am so sorry.You must be so very worried!

x2!

How is she doing now, heather?
      I hope she's ok.

Comment

You may want to consider in the future feeding her crickets in a cup. What I do is I have a large ceramic dog food dish, I put the crickets in there and place the container into the tank this way there is no way they can get food in their mouths, obviously you dont need something so large, but a deli cup would work.

I hope she is just stressed from being a bit warm.
        lets just say I have a lot of stuff
        www.sublimereptiles.com
        Facebook
        BOI

Comment

hey guys....i kept waking up making sure she was cooled. my mom took her to work with her to see about getting her in a stable, cool environment all day. our crappy landlord is sending somone in a couple of hours...all of the other reptiles seem to be doing good. last night i thought one of my dumpy frogs had died, so i wrapped him in a paper towel...i found him this morning on the floor, very not dead. he went with my mom, too. she said Pluto still has her mouth wide open...i have no idea what to do

Comment

It can absolutely be from the heat. I had a couple of U. Sikorae's shipped to me and I think they were too hot because when i opened the box they were both in their containers with their mouths wide open like that! Cool them down and hydrate them and they should be fine. I know you are doing all you can do! Good luck!
            6.10.6.7 Crested Geckos
            2.2.0 Mossy Leaf-tails
            1.2.0 Ball Pythons - 1 Pied, 2 Regular

Comment

Originally posted by Tara Sharp View Post
              It can absolutely be from the heat. I had a couple of U. Sikorae's shipped to me and I think they were too hot because when i opened the box they were both in their containers with their mouths wide open like that! Cool them down and hydrate them and they should be fine. I know you are doing all you can do! Good luck!
              tara, how long did they have their mouth open??? this has been at least over 12 hours. mom says she has it only open a little now, but it is still open.

Comment

They kept their mouths open until I cooled them down and hydrated them. It was not 12 hours but it was definitely a couple.

It sounds like Pluto is coming around if his mouth is not as open.
                6.10.6.7 Crested Geckos
                2.2.0 Mossy Leaf-tails
                1.2.0 Ball Pythons - 1 Pied, 2 Regular

Comment

Originally posted by Heatheri004 View Post
                  tara, how long did they have their mouth open??? this has been at least over 12 hours. mom says she has it only open a little now, but it is still open.
                  Thats usually a good sign that her mouth isnt open all the way. It probably just got way to hot for her and opening its mouth is just another way to cool her body down. Hope she turns out to be ok

Comment

we did get our a/c fixed yesterday. mom brought home Pluto...she still has her mouth open. she had it open when i left for work this morning . im afraid i'll lose her.

Comment

How is Pluto doing now?
                      .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

i dont know if she will make it. her mouth just continues to stay open. i spray her down often because of it...i cant let her get dehydrated. other than that, if she wasnt showing that, i would assume she is fine, but i know something has to be wrong for her to do that. im not sure. if she had perhaps broken her jaw in her screaming fits, wouldnt she have died from pain? i cant figure out why she wont close it. i just think, maybe broken? but that would be too painful, she would have already died. i cant put any crickets in with her, obviously, so i've resorted to sticking a little (please dont kill me guys, im desperate!!) dish of baby food in the bottom just so she'll get SOME type of food in her poor little body. she does not want to give up, and i dont want her to. i love this little girl so much. if anyone has any ideas, please reply...

im not sure, but CAN you take a satanic to a vet? they are so rare and fragile, i really dont believe you could.

Comment

Go to the REpashy website there is a member there called umop_apisdn He has written ans TONS of experience with uroplatus. If you joint the site you can find his articles. I'm sure he might have an answer for you. Good luck!

Comment

You honestly can take any animal to the vet reguardless if it is fragile or not. There could be an impaction issue which is why she is gaping like she is which can not be known unless x-rays are done. Yes it will be stressfull, but you must look at if death outweighs the stress of finding the issue.
                            lets just say I have a lot of stuff
                            www.sublimereptiles.com
                            Facebook
                            BOI

Comment

It looks like there's something stuck in her throat... you need to get her to a vet ASAP before she dehydrates. I'd soak her to get some water into her vent at least... there's definitely something wrong, though. You really need to go as soon as possible... that's not just gaping because she's hot.
                              12.15.4.5 Crested geckos; 1.1 Gargoyle geckos; 1.1 Leopard geckos; 1.1 Fat-tailed geckos; 2.0 Viper geckos; 1.0 male dwarf rabbit; lots of fish

Comment

yes, i believe pluto has a vet visit in her future. my poor little girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X