Gehyra Marginata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gehyra Marginata

This is the Gehyra Marginata I got from Matt back in Jan. He is beautiful! He is only partially fired up in these pics from yesterday.
    www.geckohaven.com
    Cin

Ah such a big boy! He is a cutie.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

He is at 46g now. I just love his eyes! Should have gotten a close up of them!
      www.geckohaven.com
      Cin

Comment

He has got some of the prettiest eyes ever!!
        0.1.0 Crested Gecko (Beowulf)
        1.1.0 Gargoyle Geckos (Craven and Poe)
        0.1.0 Cat (Natalie)

Comment

I have an adorable female that would go great with this boy!
          Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

So why not breed them? He is a handsome man and would make good babies
            ~Christa~
            Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

HELP PLEASE! I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I just took in a gehyra (that i was told was a vorax, but I'm assuming is a marginata). He is about 10 years old from what the people that didn't want him told me and no one ever touched him or did anything but throw him crickets for the majority of his life. So i gently picked him up for the first couple of days with gloves to try to tame him a little and pet his head, and of course he tried to bite, but no big deal, but he tried squirming alot and i realize his skin is very soft and sensitive, and i'm worried that when i tried to pick him up I might have hurt his skin, because a couple of days later he started to shed big time, like whole parts shedding and right around his leg joint its still got bloody shedded skin stuck to his leg as well as shedded skin stuck to his feet and other places. he's become much less active, not suctioning to the walls anymore and just hiding all the time. I'm really worried about him. He hasn't been eating either now. Any advice?

Comment

These are not really a gecko that you want to handle too much. They do have very thin skin and it can tear. It can pull right off.
                I would recommend that you post this same message under the health section to see if someone has advice for you.
                One thing you will want to do is see if you can get him to eat CGD, crested gecko diet. Mine loves it!
                www.geckohaven.com
                Cin

Comment

Ok, thanks so much! I will do that!

Comment

Btw, where is the health section? i'm new to this forum?

Comment

I would try posting this under the Rhac section which has health and medical. Someone there might know what to do
                      Good luck
                      www.geckohaven.com
                      Cin

Comment

I'm going to get one of these chubby little things in September.

Comment

There skin can tear relatively easily, but it also heals very quickly. Keep him in a clean cage and keep an eye on the wound, it should appear healed within about 7- 10 days.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks. I'll do that. I'm just so worried about him He's just so cute. What about eating though? He seems to not be eating anything and I'm afraid to touch now for fear of hurting his delicate skin?

Comment

Hey, there's my gecko! lol! I love him Cindy, he gave me a good chomp the other day when I moved him into his new vivarium but that's ok Here are a few more shots I took of him. He's very well mannered as long as I don't disturb his sleep!

Abigail McDufford
                              Wallflower Herpetoculture / iHerp

Comment

Working...
                              X