Baby Leopard Gecko, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Leopard Gecko, Help!

I can't get my baby leopard gecko to drink, I've had her for 3 days now. Her poop is pretty normal, but her skin is very wrinkled and she's incredibly lethargic, and barely moves from her one hide. I try to keep the humidity at 20-40 but at night it drops to around 15. How can I get her to come out and drink water, or at least go into her humidity hide?

Where did you get her from? Can you post a picture? It's normal for juvenile geckos to hide all the time; it's self protection. If you're really concerned about drinking, you can put a drop of water on its nose and it will probably lick it off. You can put it in the humidity hide, but I find that leopard geckos tend to fall in love with one hide for awhile and then move on to another. In my opinion, the real question is whether she's unhealthy and there's a problem or whether possibly you're overthinking which is normal for a new owner. I have no idea which is going on. If you're really worried, you can always take her to the vet.

Aliza

Comment

I got her from a petco. I've managed to get her to eat more crickets by guiding them into her hide. It's not letting me upload a photo, but her tail is more filled out this morning. Shes just wrinkled around her neck and under arms. She just rubbed her head on the side of her hide, is this normal? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just anxious and want to take good care of her.

Comment

It's OK to ask questions. I'm glad she's looking better. I have successfully gotten a few geckos in my past from Petco, but it can be risky because they get their geckos from gecko breeding mills and sometimes receive them when they're too young to have been shipped. Rubbing her head occasionally is fine. Keep asking questions; it's the best way to learn.

Aliza

Comment

She shed for the first time yesterday and seems a tiny bit more energetic for the end of the day and today! She ate it as she pulled it off, and I dont see anything remaining on her feet so that's good? I think I overfed her yesterday out of excitement but she ate it all and I think it's okay.

Comment

What a story, really pitty

Comment

Working...
            X