No announcement yet.

Is a 123 gallon tank to big for a leo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a 123 gallon tank to big for a leo?

Hi everyone!
    So I was wondering if a 123-gallon enclosure would be too big for a leopard gecko? I am asking this because she seems to not like her 20gallon long tank which is equivalent to a 30gallon. She is a giant Leo so I am thinking that I could probably move her into this bigger enclosure that I have recently made for my hamster. This enclosure works perfectly fine for leopard geckos as well, she would not be able to go in it until my hamster is no longer which is most likely going to be a year or so. I have read on multiple websites that no tank is too big for any Leo, so that is where I got this Idea from. Also, quick question do Leos tend to eat less in the wintertime? because where I live it is the middle of winter and the number of worms she eats has gone from 15-20 to 8-10

Any replies are appreciated!

As long as it's set up correctly there's no such thing as a tank being too big for any reptile.
    Winter can make reptiles in general eat less or not eat at all, but this often has to do with lower temps and/or less light.
    --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

Ditto Geckso's post.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by Geckso View Post
        As long as it's set up correctly there's no such thing as a tank being too big for any reptile.
        Winter can make reptiles in general eat less or not eat at all, but this often has to do with lower temps and/or less light.
        Thanks for the reply!
        1. Her eating habits I am pretty sure are fine because the temp in my house has gone down a little since it is winter but last night I did get her to eat 1 cricket and 5or6 giant mealworms the giant mealworms are 3 times the size of her regular mealworms so she probably at around the equivalent 15 normal worms
        2. like I said she will probably not move into this enclosure for another year-ish
        3. Do Leos normally open their mouth after swallowing a worm? I think she may have not been used to eating that big of worms and she just had a little bit of trouble completely swallowing it?

Comment

Working...
        X