E. viellardi always dark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. viellardi always dark?

I’m wondering if anyone else’s gecko stays relatively dark colored 100% of the time. When I first got him he was a pale green, now he stays a consistent dark brown/black all the time. Does this indicate stress or is it just how he wants to be? My setup:
    • Natural vivarium
    • 100% CGD and is eating and drinking well
    • Lights on for 12, off for 12
    • Temps are getting cooler now due to fall, but when it was summer they were about 77-80 daytime, 72-74 nighttime. In fall they’re 70-73 daytime, 67-68 nighttime. He is dark colored at any of these temps.
    • Humidity readings are always sketchy (can never trust gauges) but most likely ranges between 60-70% daytime, 70-80% nighttime.
    • I hold him about once a month.
    I see nothing for him to be stressed about and he’s quite active at night. Perhaps this is just how he is?
    "Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it." -Henry David Thoreau

All or my 30+ E.argicolaes remain dark 24/7 except for my 2 males that were imported from EU. They fire down for about 2-3 hrs rights after dusk, then fire right back up the rest of the day/night.
    Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
    www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
    www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Thank you, that is really good to know. Puts my mind at ease!
      "Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
      X