These arent reptiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These arent reptiles

but theyre totally-awesome just the same!

axolotls!!

we got these guys a couple weeks ago, and just set them up in a 18gallon [10 tall] tank. with some albino corys, and albino danios. i aspire to have an all albino-or-white-and-creepy tank after everything gets settled, and when my local fish store gets them back in, ill throw in some blind cave fish [also really cool] and a ton of more plants... that... dont need much in the way of light, because i dont keep light on or heat these guys theyre economical! woot.

To cool Tamara!! I have always lusted over them, but have yet to get any!
    Blind cave fish are cool too, I like that they will learn their environment and not bump into any thing.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

yea, my boyfriend had one [an axolotl] when i first met him, and ive wanted one ever since, then a local guy on CL was selling them, and how could i say no to 10$ a pop i think i need a completely melanistic one, and ive got one of every color hahah

Comment

Really Sweet I just read a article on how they retain juvie body features into adulthood.
        Derek Dunlop
        DDReptiles
        www.DDReptiles.net
        Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

That golden albino is very pretty. I kept axolotls years ago, I miss having them around.
          ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Man mine was 30 bucks! haha. What temp do you keep the water?
            1.0.0 Chihuahua (Coco Bear)
            2.0.0 Pit Bulls (Charlie & Cooper)
            0.1.2 Crested Geckos

Comment

hahah, that sucks, I keep my tank just at room temperatures, which is high 60s, low 70s, i dont add heat or anything, and all the fish do fine. the axoltls actually like it pretty cold.

Comment

Yeah Unfortunately for me I impulse bought mine and believed the guy at the pet store (its the oldest fish store in the bay area and he has been running it for like a billion years) he told me it would be fine with my mollies and platys and I keep them at like 75 : / he is doing alright but I really need to move him into a tank with lower temps. I might just sell him though... I dunno he is pretty effin sweet.
                0.1.2 Crested Geckos

Comment

ps

you live in the bay area dont you? where did you get them so cheap?
                  0.1.2 Crested Geckos

Comment

yes i do. i got them off a guy in the concord area, off of CL.

Comment

recently? I want some! haha
                      0.1.2 Crested Geckos

Comment

yea, a few days before i made this thread. He already pulled the ad off of CL so i am assuming he sold them all :/ Ill have some in like a year or two hahah

Comment

Working...
                        X