Veiled chameleon caresheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veiled chameleon caresheet

Hey, i was looking on the internet for some good Veiled chameleon caresheets but all are a little foggy, do any of u know a really good caresheet? And i have some questions, what subsrate do u use? For females do u put sand in a box on the bottom? what do u suppliment your circkets with that might be available to me in canada? a caresheet should probably answer most of these questions and more.

Thanks

Hi, I have veiled and panther chameleons.

1. NO substrate except for newspaper or paper towels
    2. I use topsoil (organic) and put it in a large pot on the bottom of the cage with sticks coming out of it for easy access.
    3. Cricket gutload-a mixture of high quality fish flakes, powdered milk, carrots, sweet potatoes, whatever other kinds of fruits and veggies I have in my fridge at the time, oatmeal and some of the Repashy cricket gutload thrown in.

for other info check out www.chameleonforums.com
    Marina
    1.5.7.? Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Pine Isle Chahoua
    1.0.0 American Pit Bull
    0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
    3.6.0 Insane gang of sugar gliders
    0.1.0 Super duper cute ring-tail lemur
    1.0.0 Quarter Horse

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSpades View Post
      Hi, I have veiled and panther chameleons.

1. NO substrate except for newspaper or paper towels
      2. I use topsoil (organic) and put it in a large pot on the bottom of the cage with sticks coming out of it for easy access.
      3. Cricket gutload-a mixture of high quality fish flakes, powdered milk, carrots, sweet potatoes, whatever other kinds of fruits and veggies I have in my fridge at the time, oatmeal and some of the Repashy cricket gutload thrown in.

for other info check out www.chameleonforums.com
      Do you use a cricket container? and do u know any caresheets?

Comment

I use a little cricket keeper for the tiny crikets, and a deep big tupperware container for the big crickets since I keep so many crickets at a time. I dont really have a caresheet I can recommend 100% since most of them have some kind of wrong info on them. I've done plenty of reading though so if you have any questions you can always pm me.
        Marina
        1.5.7.? Crested Geckos
        0.0.1 Pine Isle Chahoua
        1.0.0 American Pit Bull
        0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
        1.0.0 Quarter Horse

Comment

Actually there is one care sheet that I really like

http://www.a1reptiles.net/VeiledChameleonCare.html
          Marina
          1.5.7.? Crested Geckos
          0.0.1 Pine Isle Chahoua
          1.0.0 American Pit Bull
          0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
          1.0.0 Quarter Horse

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSpades View Post
            I use a little cricket keeper for the tiny crikets, and a deep big tupperware container for the big crickets since I keep so many crickets at a time. I dont really have a caresheet I can recommend 100% since most of them have some kind of wrong info on them. I've done plenty of reading though so if you have any questions you can always pm me.

what I meant was do you use a cricket container in the veiled's tank to keep the crickets contained but the veiled can just get them from a bowl or something.

BTW thanks for the caresheet.

Comment

No I just let the crickets go that way the chams get some exercise and hunt. I do put the wax worms in a container and hang it on the side.
              Marina
              1.5.7.? Crested Geckos
              0.0.1 Pine Isle Chahoua
              1.0.0 American Pit Bull
              0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
              1.0.0 Quarter Horse

Comment

x69bas429 I'd say do your research between all the care sheets and make your own husbandry and breeding requirements bases on you knowledge. There is no really one manual or care sheet out there BUT from my research I like " The Chameleon Owner's Manual " from The Chameleon Enthusiast. There is also several pages to read from and it is very well documented.

PS. There is also a 320kb PDF file of the complete manual. If you have any question you can email at any time...
                Specializing In The Captive Reproduction Husbandry Of Blood and Short-Tail Pythons.

Comment

Working...
                X