Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

My two geckos ate eco-earth so I switched them to paper towels but now the big one is eating the paper towels too. I read about mulch mats, but would repti-carpet be okay?
    I have two Cresteds Chestnut is the older, and has no tail, morph- extreme blond Harley-Chevron pinstripe, Willo is the younger, and has her tail, morph- extreme Harley pinstripe.

Originally posted by Chestnut/Willo View Post
    My two geckos ate eco-earth so I switched them to paper towels but now the big one is eating the paper towels too. I read about mulch mats, but would repti-carpet be okay?
    Also I forgot to mention the "big one" is 2.5 months old and the little on is 1.5 months old.
    I have two Cresteds Chestnut is the older, and has no tail, morph- extreme blond Harley-Chevron pinstripe, Willo is the younger, and has her tail, morph- extreme Harley pinstripe.

Comment

I personally don't like reptile "carpet" for these guys because their toes and teeth can get caught in it, plus they are not absorbent so the moisture breeds bacteria, mold and other nasties. Mulch mats might also keep things too wet but others have had success with it. You could also use newsprint or butcher paper, or not have a substrate. If you are using plastic tubs you can keep an extra set on hand and just switch them out to clean the others; just put the furnishings back in the same arrangement.
      Specializing in Crested Geckos
      Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
      Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
      Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Spyral View Post
        I personally don't like reptile "carpet" for these guys because their toes and teeth can get caught in it, plus they are not absorbent so the moisture breeds bacteria, mold and other nasties. Mulch mats might also keep things too wet but others have had success with it. You could also use newsprint or butcher paper, or not have a substrate. If you are using plastic tubs you can keep an extra set on hand and just switch them out to clean the others; just put the furnishings back in the same arrangement.
        Thank you, I didn't think I could but I was making sure.

Comment

Working...
        X