Penelope's garden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope's garden!

We took sometime yesterday to make a tortoise garden for Penelope, my BF's tort! Can't wait for it to grow!

We ordered the Russian Tortoise seed mix (yes, we know she’s a Greek tort), Zebrina seeds, and Flowering maple from http://www.carolinapetsupply.com.

Below is a picture of Penelope and her new grass garden. The pots for the flowers aren't pictured here. The stone hedgehog is slightly smaller then the tortoise who will be playing in here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TortGarden.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1089462
    Fired Up Geckos

I'm making a lot of wildlife and reptile art here!

Omg I just need a moment to squee over baby tort!! She's soooo cute! <3 I got mine when he was a little bigger, hard to believe as he is full grown now! I'll be building him his permanent outdoor pen this spring, yay! Going to be using some of the same seed mixes. Are you just going to harvest here and there from your pots and add them to her salads? She's beautiful, make sure she's got a nice warm humid side of her enclosure and regular shell mistings to keep her growing smooth! The only small amount of pyramiding my boy has is from when he was a baby and still with the breeder, I wish I had been able to get him even younger so he'd be smooth as a marble.
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

I just want to see if it'll grow first

Then, I'll probably harvest from her garden. As far as her shell, she's a little pampered marble
      Fired Up Geckos

Comment

Well let me know how it goes! I'd like to grow some inside for my guy over the winter when he's indoors, but haven't heard of anybody doing them in pots before. I'd love update pics as things progress.

Glad to hear she's a pampered marble too. That's how it should be (and so many people just don't know - it's such an easy fix)!
        .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

So far so goodClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1063261
          Fired Up Geckos

Comment

Working...
          X