Can you help me ID this lizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me ID this lizard?

Can anyone help me ID this little thing? I was told it was a curly tailed, but I'm not sure, because I couldn't find anything that looked similar. She is maybe 6 inches nose to tip of tail, Very pretty striping all down her sides, his back and tail have an almost banded pattern.

It had a tank mate that actually passed away shortly after I rescued them. Looked nothing like this one and was quite a bit bigger. Ultimately it doesn't matter what he or she is, I'm really just curious.

Thanks for any ideas!
    Attached Files

Looks like a curly tailed lizard to me. There are a ton of species, but I think it looks a lot like a female Hispaniolan Masked Curly tailed Lizard (Leiocephalus personatus).
    Really cute little lizard by the way
    0.2.2 Crested geckos- Nox, Vesper, Ghidorah, Pitaya
    2.0 Gargoyle geckos- Ridley and Serris
    1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
    1.0 Leachianus- Helios
    0.0.1 Japanese Toad- Fushigibana
    A ton of bugs

Comment

Thanks! She is a very pretty little thing. Had a hard time of it, trying to find her favorite critters. So far I haven't really been able to get her really excited about any kind of insect and I've tried dubia, mealworms, waxworms, butterworms, crickets......ugh. Poor thing. I wish there was a meal replacement powder for insectivores like there is for my crested. Maybe I could get her excited about that. She's so dinky!!

Comment

Originally posted by callie.richey View Post
        Thanks! She is a very pretty little thing. Had a hard time of it, trying to find her favorite critters. So far I haven't really been able to get her really excited about any kind of insect and I've tried dubia, mealworms, waxworms, butterworms, crickets......ugh. Poor thing. I wish there was a meal replacement powder for insectivores like there is for my crested. Maybe I could get her excited about that. She's so dinky!!
        Could she still be settling in? Hope she eats soon!
        1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
        1.0 Leachianus- Helios
        A ton of bugs

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. Vet did a fecal today and ruled out parasitic infection. Hoping this is simply stress related and with some good husbandry she'll flourish. She gave me this weird slurry recipe (that was fun explaining why I needed to buy a brand new blender) that sick/malnourished/stressed lizards seem to respond well to. We shall see what happens. I'm hoping for the best for my dinky love!

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. Vet did a fecal today and ruled out parasitic infection. Hoping this is simply stress related and with some good husbandry she'll flourish. She gave me this weird slurry recipe (that was fun explaining why I needed to buy a brand new blender) that sick/malnourished/stressed lizards seem to respond well to. We shall see what happens. I'm hoping for the best for my dinky love!

Comment

How long have you had her, just curious? And I think I know what you're talking about..I had to give my old blue tongue skink a slurry when he was sick, had to feed it to him with a syringe and everything.
              1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
              1.0 Leachianus- Helios
              A ton of bugs

Comment

Just a couple of weeks, it wasn't until her tank-mate died suddenly that I even realized there was a potential issue. In hindsight I think there was probably a dominance issue. There was a male housed with a female of a different species. The lady I got them from said they had been that way since the pet store, but it makes me wonder if the male was picking on her. She was in shed this morning too, which could explain things. I'll just have to see what happens with her.

Comment

Just a couple of weeks, it wasn't until her tank-mate died suddenly that I even realized there was a potential issue. In hindsight I think there was probably a dominance issue. There was a male housed with a female of a different species. The lady I got them from said they had been that way since the pet store, but it makes me wonder if the male was picking on her. She was in shed this morning too, which could explain things. I'll just have to see what happens with her.
                  Good luck! Hope she perks up soon.
                  1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
                  1.0 Leachianus- Helios
                  A ton of bugs

Comment

that looks like the endangered lizard, im not exactly sure of the name, i will get back

Comment

Working...
                    X