Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corkbak with tree frogs a bad idea?

Hello
    I am setting up a tank for treefrogs , going with clown treefrogs but not sure of exact type .

Either way the tank is 18 1/2 high, 30 long and 13 wide. I would like to have corckbark in rear of tank, held in place by one branch which is easily removed and allows the bark and rear glass of tank to be cleaned but I am not sure if this is a good idea.

I would like to see the frogs now and than and the bark has 1 to 2 inch gap in rear. I do intend to have several plants in pots , no substrate as easier to wipe clean.

Bark a bad idea?

Click image for larger version

Name:	corckbark2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1085455Click image for larger version

Name:	CORKBARK.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1085456

Originally posted by Sal View Post
    Hello
    I am setting up a tank for treefrogs , going with clown treefrogs but not sure of exact type .

Either way the tank is 18 1/2 high, 30 long and 13 wide. I would like to have corckbark in rear of tank, held in place by one branch which is easily removed and allows the bark and rear glass of tank to be cleaned but I am not sure if this is a good idea.

I would like to see the frogs now and than and the bark has 1 to 2 inch gap in rear. I do intend to have several plants in pots , no substrate as easier to wipe clean.

Bark a bad idea?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42984[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42985[/ATTACH]
    I don't see why not.
    If the frogs want to hide and there is no cork bark, they will find other places to do so, so there is no point in limiting their available hiding places. Providing numerous hides also makes animals feel more secure, and in turn makes the animals more bold when they know a secure place to hide is near by. I would maybe add more support to hold the bark pieces up so there is no chance of them falling and injuring your frogs
    http://emilyburke.carbonmade.com
    https://www.facebook.com/EmilyBurkeArtwork

Comment

I have a piece of rounded, sort of half circle cork bark in with my White's and that is his favorite hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy View Post
        I don't see why not.
        If the frogs want to hide and there is no cork bark, they will find other places to do so, so there is no point in limiting their available hiding places. Providing numerous hides also makes animals feel more secure, and in turn makes the animals more bold when they know a secure place to hide is near by. I would maybe add more support to hold the bark pieces up so there is no chance of them falling and injuring your frogs

"If the frogs want to hide and there is no cork bark, they will find other places to do so, so there is no point in limiting their available hiding places"

That certainly makes sense, I didn't even think about that and I agree about the corckbark not falling, going to hold it in place with potted plants .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Misfitdolly View Post
          I have a piece of rounded, sort of half circle cork bark in with my White's and that is his favorite hide.
          Thank you, as you can see I know nothing about treefrogs but have been researching clown treefrogs.

Comment

I also have a cork bark hiding spot for my frog. I recommend them!

I have a White's Dumpy tree frog. He is housed in an 18x18x24 Exo Terra which he shares with no one. He very rarely hides and is normally sitting either on his wood piece (like in the photo) or he sits on top of the cork bark. Occasionally he hides behind the wood piece or cork bark.

I really like using cork bark in my enclosures. I do 1) freeze them before use, to kill off any possible bugs and 2) remove any loose bark, both inside and outside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367402749.687607.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1060903
            ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
            1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
            1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

Originally posted by Cicada Hollow View Post
              I also have a cork bark hiding spot for my frog. I recommend them!

I have a White's Dumpy tree frog. He is housed in an 18x18x24 Exo Terra which he shares with no one. He very rarely hides and is normally sitting either on his wood piece (like in the photo) or he sits on top of the cork bark. Occasionally he hides behind the wood piece or cork bark.

I really like using cork bark in my enclosures. I do 1) freeze them before use, to kill off any possible bugs and 2) remove any loose bark, both inside and outside.

[ATTACH]43224[/ATTACH]
              Thank you. The light you have is that the dual light bulb exo type?

I ask as looking for a light for the live plants and have not picked one out yet.

Comment

Working...
              X