New addition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition!

At the end of October I got a new baby chameleon! This is Zippy, a 4 month old Carpet chameleon (Furcifer Lateralis)! He is so tiny and still only weighs 6.4g!

Tiff - Chamelemum to Monty & Zippy, Crestie Mum to Splat, Buffie & Rusty and Leachie Mum to Armani!

Cute little fella! I have an adult (14mos) male and I love him; they're such a shy but interesting little cham.
    3.8.0 C. ciliatus , 1.1 G. vittatus , 0.1 G. gekko , 2.0 F. pardalis ambilobe, 1.0 C. calyptratus, 0.1 P. grandis, 1.0 P. curtus

Comment

Yes! He is very shy too, but getting better now. I've had him exactly 4 weeks today and he doesn't run if I put my hand in any more. Still won't hand feed yet, but I am prepared to wait until he feels ready! He is a little eating and pooping machine, lol!
      Tiff - Chamelemum to Monty & Zippy, Crestie Mum to Splat, Buffie & Rusty and Leachie Mum to Armani!

Comment

Congrats! He's a very handsome fella. My husband has been thinking of getting back into chams so he'll love these photos when he wakes up.
        Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
        www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
        www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

So cute!
          C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
          R. leachianus- Dragonite
          M. chahoua- Oliver
          2 5G planted Betta tanks

Comment

Adorable! Congrats! While I don't/can't want one for myself, I absolutely love seeing everyone else's pictures of theirs.
            ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

Thanks! As much as I love my creties, chameleons are really where my heart lies. I just find them absolutely fasinating! I have also been lucky enough to have 5 relatively sociable chameleons, which really helps! I just can't imagine my life without chameleons in it any more. The cresties have caused a fair amount of worry for me - they both had pinworms last year that took several months to get rid of, and I worry about them overheating in the summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Lily View Post
                Thanks! As much as I love my creties, chameleons are really where my heart lies. I just find them absolutely fasinating! I have also been lucky enough to have 5 relatively sociable chameleons, which really helps! I just can't imagine my life without chameleons in it any more. The cresties have caused a fair amount of worry for me - they both had pinworms last year that took several months to get rid of, and I worry about them overheating in the summer!
                That's really neat. Most things I've read said they're not the most handleable of species, so it sounds like you've raised yours well.

Do you find they're easier to care for (husbandry-wise) than cresties? I have limited knowledge in that regard, but from what I've seen of their setups, I always thought they'd be higher maintenance.
                ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

I love chameleons! This guy is adorable, really beautiful! Keep us updated on him

Comment

Originally posted by cassicat4 View Post
                    That's really neat. Most things I've read said they're not the most handleable of species, so it sounds like you've raised yours well.

Do you find they're easier to care for (husbandry-wise) than cresties? I have limited knowledge in that regard, but from what I've seen of their setups, I always thought they'd be higher maintenance.
                    They do need more attention than cresties, but I love chameleons so much! For me, nothing else comes close. I have had my male Jackson (Monty) since he was 7 weeks old, and, being a montane species requiring cooler temps and higher humidity, he has been a challenge! But we made it and he is now almost 15 months old with a lovely big set of horns! It all works quite nicely in my house though - all the lights come on and go off at the same time, but the chams go to sleep as the cresties are waking up so I get to interact with all of them!

When you are researching chams, I would agree that it all seems rather daunting - I almost didn't get my first as I felt all the do's and don'ts rather overwhelming. I am so glad I did though! Key with chameleons is to do plenty of research and get their cage set up and ready before hand so you know that temps and humidity are correct. Really it's just a case of feeding and misting them and getting them on a good gutloading and suuplement schedule. Once you get into a routine with them everything falls into place! I really can't imagine life without them, they are so rewarding!

Comment

Working...
                    X