Tortoise Treat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tortoise Treat!

Today I thought I'd give Artemis, my Greek tortoise, some butternut squash. He isn't fond of pumpkin so I wasn't sure how it would go over. I will let this first picture answer that question for you.

"OH NOM NOM NOMZ!!"

Yes, he thinks it is the best food on the planet, second only to maybe his beloved raddichio. Though at this point I think he'd pick the squash. I had sprinkled little pieces over his salad and he went hunting for every single one of them before he'd ever think about eating his lettuce!

"These are so good, why haven't you given me these before??"

"I am teh hunting tortez. Findingz all de squish! I SEE YOU!"

^ Exterminating every last piece. And there was more than I thought he'd eat...

He came over to the side of his tub to beg for more too, the little piglet!
    .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

D'aww! Way too cute!
    ~Amber~
    "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
    Anyanka's Geckos
    RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Comment

So cute. The Russian at my work is the same way with peas. He likes popping them.
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/svalnahel?feature=mhee

Comment

adorable!

Comment

Hahaha soooo cute! I love it!
          ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

*Note to self...Never tortoise sit...my son would NEVER want Artemis to leave!!!!! :PPPPPPPPPP

Oh...HI JULIE!!!!!
            MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
            I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
            Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Comment

Oh no kidding, Artemis is personality-plus. He'll come see you at the side of his tub and can be hand-fed. You'd not want him to leave either, you'd just blame it on your son, haha!

Since this was posted: I take it back about not him being fond of pumpkin, apparently Artemis had a change of heart/taste from last year's Halloween to this one. I fed him some pumpkin from the one I carved and he devoured it as quickly as he does his squash. Biiiiig fan. Nice too, as pumpkin is a natural tortoise dewormer, haha!
              .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Haha, watching them eat is the best. I'm getting a very young Greek in the next couple of weeks, it will be fun to try out new food items to what it likes and doesn't. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
                Formerly known as eel588, new name same great taste!

Comment

AAAAWWWWW that was so nice.... This is a way by which you are showing your love to your tortoise. And i must say we should love these creature and take care of them.
                  Read More

Comment

Working...
                  X