Can someone help me stock this tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me stock this tank?

I recently picked up a strange shaped aquarium for a steal on craigslist. It is very tall but not very wide so I have had a hard time getting fish that will work with it but I am in love with the shape. It is 20" wide, 18" deep and 30" tall.

Now I know that crested's will fit in such an enclosure but I am in the process of dividing and super over doing a 55 gallon for the crested's I already have and would prefer to keep them all in one place so with the option of no crested what would be a suggestion?

I'm interested in lizards, snakes, frogs etc. NO spiders/inverts please and thanks!

1.1.1 Crested Gecko (Jazzy, Thor, Tony Stark)
    0.2.0 Dogs (Ebony, Ein)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Loki)
    2.0.0 Cats (Yin, Yang)

would a day gecko trio suit your needs? i mean, any arboreal species would benefit greatly from about 47 gallons of space. if you aren't looking to go the gecko route, you could try some kind of swift, chameleon or anole. for snake i would go with an arboreal colubrid (there are quite a few) or a tree boa/python? sorry i can't help you with amphibians lol, the only thing i'm thinking of is red-eyes!

Comment

Chameleons should not be kept in glass aquariums they cant recognize glass as a barrier causing injuries to their feet, and the lack of air circulation causes uri's. But in a tank that size you could always do leachies or chewies, day geckos, well pretty much any arboreal gecko, mountain horned dragons, a rough green snake, dragon agamas

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Would a leachianus be a candidate?

1.1.1 Crested Gecko (Jazzy, Thor, Tony Stark)
        0.2.0 Dogs (Ebony, Ein)
        1.0.0 Ball Python (Loki)
        2.0.0 Cats (Yin, Yang)

Comment

Originally posted by charvey View Post
          Chameleons should not be kept in glass aquariums they cant recognize glass as a barrier causing injuries to their feet, and the lack of air circulation causes uri's. But in a tank that size you could always do leachies or chewies, day geckos, well pretty much any arboreal gecko, mountain horned dragons, a rough green snake, dragon agamas

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
          very true! momentary lapse of concept:P

Comment

Working...
          X