• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second the notion for a pyxie frog.
    My Flickr photo page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madaboutcichlids/

Comment

if you want one that you can just feed and not handle..go for a tokay...great personalities!!
      1.0.0 - P. Platyrhinos
      1.0.0 - S. Slevini
      2.3.6.0 - R. Ciliatus
      1.0.0 - G. Gecko

Comment

I'd go with pacmans or pyxies also, My 2 pacs and 1 pyxie get all uneaten bugs, and unwanted mice from the snakes too.

besides, I love to watch these guys eat! lol
        1.0crestie; 2.1 beardie; 1.0 tokay; 1.1leos; 0.0.1BTS; 0.0.7 hermit crabs; 1.0.1 pacman; 1.2 FBT; 0.1 PTF; 0.0.1 BP; 2.0 rat; 0.1 cat; 0.1 garg; 1.0 dwarf pyxie; 1.2 RES; 0.2 ornate wood turts; 2.0 kenyan sand boas; 0.1 temperate armidillo lizard; 0.1 BCI; 2.1 humans; 0.1 PITA cat; 1.2 breeder mice

Comment

Originally posted by LSDing View Post
          if you want one that you can just feed and not handle..go for a tokay...great personalities!!
          Wellllll handling is optional on a tokay.. Just gotta earn their respect.

This girl helps keep the mealworm population down. C:

I tell you what though, there's nothing like a young and growing african fat tailed gecko to keep the bug populations down! I sell excess insects, and I haven't been able to in 8 months since I picked up two of these guys(captive bred of course)..

The culprits:

~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
          7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

Haha, thanks for the continued input. I would definitely work with CBB tokays and handle them, unless an animal is strictly display I will try to work with them and earn their respect. I'll soon be able to get whatever I want (as long as funds allow) since I'll have an entire reptile room.
            iHerp
            Facebook
            1.2.1 Crested Geckos | 0.1 Leachianus | 1.0 Corn Snake
            4.2 Ball Pythons | 0.1 Blood Python | 0.1 Hognose

Comment

Originally posted by thewesterngate View Post
              Chinese Water Dragons seem to fill that role pretty perfectly, not to mention they're gorgeous as adults! It would be fun to build a big terrarium for one.
              get one NOW haha i want one reeealllyyy bad and they have great personalities as well as being quite handleable when raised properly!

ive seen a few awesome habitats where the bottom has no substrate, its about 3-6" of water and has sand in it, but lots and lots of branches and perches all over that arent in the water for the dragon! it would be ALOT of fun to make a habitat for one of these guys and they dont care if its elaborate and fancy or not!
              0.1.0 R. Ciliatus Aussie 12X18X20
              0.0.1 R. Auriculatus 12X12X18
              1.0.0 Blue Tonge Skink Lennie the Lounge Lizard
              0.0.2 Dwarf Puffer
              1.0.0 Cats
              1.0 Black Lab/Springer mix Jack
              0.1 Labro-doodle Molly
              If you have a question and you dont know what the answer is, Search before you post!

Comment

Originally posted by BRAND0N View Post
                get one NOW haha i want one reeealllyyy bad and they have great personalities as well as being quite handleable when raised properly!

ive seen a few awesome habitats where the bottom has no substrate, its about 3-6" of water and has sand in it, but lots and lots of branches and perches all over that arent in the water for the dragon! it would be ALOT of fun to make a habitat for one of these guys and they dont care if its elaborate and fancy or not!
                I'm going to have to second this reasoning here! CWD eat a TON, and if you have the space, they are well worth it. I know a lot of people like to do semi-aquatic enclosures, which doesn't always give you too many options, but these guys are excellent! Give them a couple good sturdy basking branches, some stuff to climb on, and a nice sized swimming area and they're happy! They do need UVB, and they pretty much only go to the bathroom in their water, so you have to provide them with drinking water either through dripping or misting, or both ideally. The toilet-pool thing also makes easy cleaning of their swimming area a requirement.

But you can easily feed them mostly crickets and roaches, with some other stuff thrown in now and then. My adult male got (and loved) silkworms, earthworms, super worms, mealworms, and crickets, plus every now and then he got a pinkie mouse or a guppy/goldfish.
                Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
                :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X