Horned frog help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horned frog help

I was cleaning tanks out today and noticed that my horned frog had three, what appeared to be clear, puss pockets on his body. One directly behind his head, one right by his nostril and one on his side. Its weird, but they look just like little clear bumps, but they are hard. I know this is not normal and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have experienced this and what it was. I know he is only like a $15 pet, but all my pets are family AND I want to take him to the vet, but I already have a rabbit going for other issues, so I want to make sure it is completely necessary. (I have super high anxiety over all my pets, so I constantly feel like something may be wrong, when there really isn't. I just panic a lot.)
    I leave for the holiday soon, so any help before that would be excellent.

Thanks!
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

They could be something like a bacterial abscess. Crickets bites or scratches can cause them. Hard to say without seeing though. Take it to the vet worst case scenario and get it checked out.

Comment

I'd go ahead and get him checked out when you bring your rabbit in.
      1.1.0 E. agricolae

Comment

Can you post a photo for us? You said the bumps were hard and clear, they could be parts of the cocoon they form during estivation, which will soak off in warm water. When my pacman got really old, I'd have to help him remove the cocoon, which was sometimes quite thick. I could be totally off base, so a photo would help.

Noelle

Comment

Sorry everyone. Got everything around for vacation. Got up north and got a phone call from the girl watching my herps saying that my sand boa was missing. Turned right around and came home. He's still a baby and he's been missing since Saturday. I have tore my apartment apart and cannot find him anywhere.
          But as for Monster, my year-old horned frog. The "swelling" has gone slight down. I cleaned the areas and his tank just for safe measures. I've decided not to take my rabbit into the vet, so I won't be taking him. He's acting normal and if anything changes, I'll throw down some big money I'm sure, when the time comes. Thanks for the help. If I can find the camera, I'll post some pictures.
          ..JESSICA..
          | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
          | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
          | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
          | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by electricfiction View Post
            Sorry everyone. Got everything around for vacation. Got up north and got a phone call from the girl watching my herps saying that my sand boa was missing. Turned right around and came home. He's still a baby and he's been missing since Saturday. I have tore my apartment apart and cannot find him anywhere.
            But as for Monster, my year-old horned frog. The "swelling" has gone slight down. I cleaned the areas and his tank just for safe measures. I've decided not to take my rabbit into the vet, so I won't be taking him. He's acting normal and if anything changes, I'll throw down some big money I'm sure, when the time comes. Thanks for the help. If I can find the camera, I'll post some pictures.
            When in doubt, move it to paper towels. Anytime I have a frog that has a problem, they go directly onto moist paper towels.

Comment

Working...
            X