Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stenodactylus petrii (egyptian dune gecko)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stenodactylus petrii (egyptian dune gecko)

Anyone else keep these little jewels? I just got mine today.

~Waldo is a girl~

NO not yet.But i hope to this year.They look really healthy.Best of luck with them.

Comment

I don't but they look awesome! If you don't mind me asking how much do they usually go for?
      Steve Page

1.1 Anery Hondos
      1.1 Ball Pythons
      0.0.3 crested geckos (hopefully more soon!)
      1.1 Hypo Tangerine Leopard Geckos
      0.2 SHCT Leopard Geckos
      0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko

http://www.freewebs.com/coastalherper/index.htm

Comment

I paid $8.99 each, came from a local petstore. I guess they are being imprted right now, I wish they were CB, if I end up with a pair I would like to try and breed them.
        ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Originally posted by waldo
          I paid $8.99 each, came from a local petstore. I guess they are being imprted right now, I wish they were CB, if I end up with a pair I would like to try and breed them.
          I have seen lots coming in lately. Nice little beauts!

Comment

aaww those are so adorable!
            Stephanie
            iHerp
            Facebook
            4.6.8 Correlophus ciliatus
            0.1.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus (F2 Nuu Ana x Snowflake)

Comment

Congrats those are a very nice species to work with.But i can garuntee those are not S.petrii.Look and see if i posted pics of some of my S.pertii on here.You will notice the difference in pattern and color.Can you post some closer pics of the body?

Comment

Your right, they don't look like yours. Mine don't have that dark strip down their sides and are patterned differently. I will try to get some better pictures tonight once they come out.
                ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Honestly from what your pics look like they look like S.doraii.

Comment

I figured if they weren't petrii then they would be doraii. They were labeled as dwarf fat tails, I wish dealers wouldn't make up silly names like that. It took me 2 days to ID them as Stenodactylus, I'm glad I was able to, I wouldn't have brought them home if I didn't know what kind of care to provide.
                    They seem to like their new cage, eating and exploring already. I read they might need a humid hide like a leopard gecko, is that true? I have a perfect little container if it is.
                    ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

I didn't exactly get better pictures but they are closer.

~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Stenodactylus sthenodactylus.Thats what they are.Just keep em hot.I never provid a humid hide for mine jus 3 inches of sand and some peices of flat rock so they can dig under them.And dont be affraid to keep the hot side of the tank at 88 degrees.

Comment

Thanks for the ID. I'll double check their temps, don't want them cold What do you think about a small UTH on the hot side of the tank?
                          ~Waldo is a girl~

Comment

Working...
                          X